TimKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t transfer my phone number to telus

4 REPLIES 4

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

Telus is expensive.

lol true. I do know of one circumstance where this would make sense financially though. Telus has a CIL (corporate) plan that provincial employees in Alberta can take advantage of. It's pay per use with caps on how much you pay even though everything is unlimited, so it's incredibly cheap for heavy users. My wife is on it, and she pays approx. $35/month while using like 9GB of data (payment for data maxes out at $20).

Anyways, @TimKing, if you really are porting your Public Mobile number to Telus, just make sure your PM line is active and working, then get Telus to port it.

If you're porting from Telus to PM, there's a post (click here) that outlines how one customer did it seamlessly. There are some little tricks that may or may not make a difference (e.g., use a different email address than your Telus account).

Good luck!

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TimKing wrote:

Notify Telus rep/mod or post on Telus community?

If porting to PM and porting the Telus number fails check if old sim still works and then try port again. If issue occurs contact @CS_Agent with the details ( carrier, number). Just go to their page, scroll down to "Contact Me" to send them a private message.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@TimKing wrote:

@TimKing  Did you win the lottery or something?

or do you mean, transfer FROM telus.

Telus is expensive.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@TimKing wrote:

If you want to transfer your public mobile phone number to telus...it's in telus hand you need to ask them...And don't close your public mobile account until the port is finished.

Need Help? Let's chat.