cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number invalid or account already created

Unit91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I am new to Public Mobile and was looking to order a SIM card and create an account. However, I was told my Phone number was invalid or account already created.

How do I go about creating an account?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Look at top of page and click on Community...scroll down until you see a topic section you can start a thread in. Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

@wfendricthis thread you're working in is several years old ! For maximum coverage you should start a new thread. Also...you don't want your private info for all to see as this is a public forum. Use the 3 dots in top right hand side of page to edit that out...and start a new thread.

wfendric
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@imm1304 wrote:

Hi @Unit91,

First you should start here:  http://store.publicmobile.ca/

Order the sim, it will ask you to create a new account.  This is not your public mobile account, this is just for ordering sim card.  So, create this myshopify account and order your sim.

Next, when your sim arrives by mail, head over to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/  and follow all the steps to register your sim card and select phone number or port your current number etc.  As part of activation, you will creat your new self-serve account.  This self-serve account is where you will have control over your plans, payment etc.

Keep in mind that this Community account where you are posting from is separate from the other two accounts I mentioned above.  I know, many people have already requested a single sign-on and Public Mobile may do it in future.  But, for now, this is how it is.  Let us know if you have any questions.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Unit91, there are 3 accounts for the same email with Public Mobile.  One to order the SIM card.  One when you activated your SIM, and the final one for this forum.  As @imm1304 suggested, you are likely to use the email account to order the SIM card to signon, without the activation (or activate with a different email address) and encountered this message.  If you have the activation, please check the email confrmation on the plan you have selected.  If you do not, please start the activation process as @imm1304 suggested.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Unit91 Are you currently with Koodo or Telus? If so, that will be the reason you got that error. Just use a different email address and follow @imm1304's suggestion.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

A couple of thoughts in addition to @imm1304's:

- suggest you read        We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues              and        Risk Free Activation - costs $10             

- be sure your phone is compatible with PM's network: Phones & Hardware

- although it is buried in one of the threads, if you are a Koodo/Telus or PC Mobile customer DO NOT port your number immediately, rather get your SIM & account activated with a temporary number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Unit91,

First you should start here:  http://store.publicmobile.ca/

Order the sim, it will ask you to create a new account.  This is not your public mobile account, this is just for ordering sim card.  So, create this myshopify account and order your sim.

Next, when your sim arrives by mail, head over to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/  and follow all the steps to register your sim card and select phone number or port your current number etc.  As part of activation, you will creat your new self-serve account.  This self-serve account is where you will have control over your plans, payment etc.

Keep in mind that this Community account where you are posting from is separate from the other two accounts I mentioned above.  I know, many people have already requested a single sign-on and Public Mobile may do it in future.  But, for now, this is how it is.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.