cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number already in use

nnwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, my mom recently became a PM customer and was assigned a new phone number through the activation process. However, it seems that this phone number is already assigned to another person, as my mom has been receiving calls asking for this other person. She also can't use her number to register for things like Uber because it says "phone number already in use". Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? If not, how would we get in touch with a PM support staff? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @frankfrank, Not sure I understand your issue.  Could you please elaborate?  Also, for future reference, it is always better to start a new topic for a new question.  That way your issue gets the most exposure, and quicker responses.

frankfrank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I tried registring with my phone number but the response is that it has being resitered.

Please can you help out 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's a pretty straightforward fix OP - hopefully it is resolved for you soon. 

@nnwu Yes, try logging into your account and click "Change Number" under My Profile on the landing page.

This is, at least, the second instance of this reported today, Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Many " New numbers " are actually numbers that were assigned to someone but then has discontinued the service.  The numbers are inactive for a set amount of time then they can be reassigned.  You can try getting a new number through self serve. But you only get one number change a month.  Not sure if a mod doing a number change will affect this rule.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

You need to reach out to the moderator team - they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Please be aware that they are working on a first come, first serve basis, hey will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.