@JohnLFulton 

Was your renewal last night?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone not sending or receive calls

@JohnLFulton wrote:

I need a mod asap

Hello @JohnLFulton 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

What exactly is the issue you are having, maybe the Community can help?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JohnLFulton Is you Status active in Self-service? Did you try restarting phone / enabling/disabling Fly mode?

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JohnLFulton 

Can you tell us a bit more about trying to send/receive calls?  For example...

• Has anything changed to your account, such a number porting, issues with AutoPay/balance, etc? 
  • Can you not call 611 either? What happens when you try?
  • What does your phone say - any errors, such as No Service or No SIM Card?

If you haven't changed anything - log into My Account and see what information is there.  If your Balance is $0 and AutoPay failed, then that could by why if your account is suspended what @darlicious was referring to.

As @esjliv mentioned, you can reach out to a Moderator directly since we're mostly users helping users here.  Staff (Moderator) is best reached by opening a ticket via the SIMon chatbot (lower right corner, chat bubble) or direct message here, but they'll need to authenticate you separately.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@JohnLFulton   

did you logon to My Account?  What is the status showing there?  Active or Suspended?

On that phone, what is it showing on top of the screen?  Public Mobile? or other message like So Service?

Yes, you can use the Chat Bubble on the bottom right to open ticket with mod.  But while waiting for their reply , maybe you can share more info with us and we can try to help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JohnLFulton 

If your autopay failed you can make a manual payment and reactivate your service by logging into your self serve account.

Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

JohnLFulton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Support

I have been waiting for support for 2 days.

I guess it was a mistake to actually buy a used phone thru Public.

zero customer support 

sad.

Be well

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: Support

What is the issue that you are having ?  The community forum maybe able to help if you can provide some details.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Support

@JohnLFulton wrote:

I have been waiting for support for 2 days.

I guess it was a mistake to actually buy a used phone thru Public.

zero customer support 

sad.

Be well

@JohnLFulton 

If you have not had a response in 48 hours, submit another ticket.

Keep an eye out on the envelope near your Avatar at the top, right of your Community page.

Need Help? Let's chat.