Phone not sending or receive calls

JohnLFulton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need a mod asap

31 REPLIES 31

Do another request here. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Reboot phone?

APN settings?

SIM in correctly? Hard not to do with iPhone I know. 

Turn airport off then back on. 

Does FaceTime and iMessage work?

Does your account show any activity? Text, call or data?

Can you try SIM in another phone. Narrow down phone or SIM issue. 

@JohnLFulton 

FYI.....

To tag a member tap the "@" key and a box will pop up....tap the member's username or keep typing out the username til it pops up to tap.

Use the search bar. Type in PUK and hit go. Pick a thread with a green checkmark indicating a solution. Pick another thread it might have the same or different solution. The search bar is my best friend. It has taught this non tech savvy person a whole lot!

Turning on the bat signal......iPhone users : @LurganIeUk  @CalgaryBen @AE_Collector and @Luddite can all help troubleshoot iPhone issues.

give the mod another chance..  open a ticket and send direct message again

message direct:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

open ticket via  Chat bubble:

type:  Unlock a phone

click "Sim card PUK"

Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

you will then got to another page to actual open of a  ticket... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moderator Team the will replied to your Private Messages, check it out.

How Do I Know If A Moderator Has Looked At My Question Or Responded?

You can find out whether a Moderator has responded to your private message by clicking on the envelope icon.If you have not changed your account settings since creating your Community account, you will automatically receive email notifications when someone has sent you a private message. To modify this, just click on your Community avatar, then on ‘My Settings’, then navigate to the ‘Preferences tab’, then select ‘Private Messenger’ and checkmark the box beside ‘Receive email notifications for new private messages”.

for more info visit HERE 

@JohnLFulton 

Has a moderator replied to your message?

.. need some iPhone expert here to help you .. did you say it is asking for PUK?

what was the exact error message.  Please type it here..  there are different PUK message.  I assume the one you are asking.. mod can assist

@JohnLFulton 

Oops my mistake....sorry about that!

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JohnLFulton

Been waiting 2 days for mod help to unlock PUK

JohnLFulton

And…..?

JohnLFulton

Waiting for 2 days. No support response yet, from issue with PM supplied, new purchase, by existing customer.

No humans available, other than for sales.

JohnLFulton
I see no link

JohnLFulton

I have no account issues, not locked out of account. Just the new phone, not being a phone.

no mod replies, no support, no way to call for help.

no e- mail addresses to ask, nothing.

very sad

@JohnLFulton 

Go back to my post on the first page of this thread and click on the spoiler. Follow my directions and click on the link at the bottom. Compose your message and you will have a reply from a moderator within an hour if not sooner. 

Put : "New pm ordered phone and sim card not working...swap sim?" in the subject line.

@JohnLFulton  does this iPhone ever works on PM before?  It was working and just stop working or it's a new iPhone you got?

JohnLFulton

I have no mail replies in my community inbox. I am tech savvy and am frustrated that the level of service , supporting a sale is so sloppy.

be well, John 

JohnLFulton

I don’t have a desctop or laptop. Just my phone. That works only because I have wifi

@JohnLFulton wrote:

The new phone doesn’t show anything at the top that I am used to (like battery %, or in service or the carrier. It’s an I phone Xr

trying to call out , call drops without connection, then pops up call fail, followed by enterPUK

did you get this iPhone from PM?

or did you use this iPhone on another network before?

Try this:

1. Insert PM SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

JohnLFulton

I looked.

the bell is all I have had for 2 days

@JohnLFulton 

Tickets are closed after 48 hours without a response. I prefer to send a private message so I can explain everything in the first message. Go back to the spoiler for that info....

The number indicates a new message in your private mail box.The number indicates a new message in your private mail box.

JohnLFulton

The new phone doesn’t show anything at the top that I am used to (like battery %, or in service or the carrier. It’s an I phone Xr

trying to call out , call drops without connection, then pops up call fail, followed by enterPUK

@JohnLFulton  did you check the Community inbox , envelope icon on the top right?  Mod replies via messaging there.   

Also, was that about service issue?  did you check this:

• did you logon to My Account?  What is the status showing there?  Active or Suspended?
  • On that phone, what is it showing on top of the screen?  Public Mobile? or other message like So Service?

Provide us more information.  We can't access  your account, but maybe we can suggest some solution or workaround to help you get back the service sooner

JohnLFulton

No

i purchased a new/used phone an switched to that.

they sent a SIM card with the new phone and one other.

neither are working, or the old SIM card 

@JohnLFulton wrote:

I have been waiting for support for 2 days.

I guess it was a mistake to actually buy a used phone thru Public.

zero customer support 

sad.

Be well

@JohnLFulton 

If you have not had a response in 48 hours, submit another ticket.

Keep an eye out on the envelope near your Avatar at the top, right of your Community page.

What is the issue that you are having ?  The community forum maybe able to help if you can provide some details.

JohnLFulton

I have been waiting for support for 2 days.

I guess it was a mistake to actually buy a used phone thru Public.

zero customer support 

sad.

Be well

@JohnLFulton 

If your autopay failed you can make a manual payment and reactivate your service by logging into your self serve account.

Spoiler

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnLFulton   

did you logon to My Account?  What is the status showing there?  Active or Suspended?

On that phone, what is it showing on top of the screen?  Public Mobile? or other message like So Service?

Yes, you can use the Chat Bubble on the bottom right to open ticket with mod.  But while waiting for their reply , maybe you can share more info with us and we can try to help.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JohnLFulton 

Can you tell us a bit more about trying to send/receive calls?  For example...

• Has anything changed to your account, such a number porting, issues with AutoPay/balance, etc? 
  • Can you not call 611 either? What happens when you try?
  • What does your phone say - any errors, such as No Service or No SIM Card?

If you haven't changed anything - log into My Account and see what information is there.  If your Balance is $0 and AutoPay failed, then that could by why if your account is suspended what @darlicious was referring to.

As @esjliv mentioned, you can reach out to a Moderator directly since we're mostly users helping users here.  Staff (Moderator) is best reached by opening a ticket via the SIMon chatbot (lower right corner, chat bubble) or direct message here, but they'll need to authenticate you separately.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JohnLFulton Is you Status active in Self-service? Did you try restarting phone / enabling/disabling Fly mode?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JohnLFulton wrote:

I need a mod asap

Hello @JohnLFulton 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

What exactly is the issue you are having, maybe the Community can help?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.