cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing, calls going straight to voice mail

UMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been having issues for a few weeks with my phone not ringing, and calls going straight to VM.  It's definitely not an issue with my phone being on silent or do-not-disturb.  I have a new iPhone 11 which I got in September.

Other people having this issue?  I'm in Hamilton.

5 REPLIES 5

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@geopublic wrote:

@UMM  iPhones have a setting that alow calls to go through only for numbers that are in your contacts. Make sure that setting was not accidently turned on. Also, disable any call forwarding numbers by using the disable codes from the following article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Thank you so much.  My phone was going right to voice mail instead of ringing.  I phoned #62# and all is working perfectly now.

#62# as my phone was not ringing.  Works now:

UMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, that was it.  I forgot that I had turned on "Silence Unknown Callers," had four calls from Africa just yesterday.  Too many spammers these days.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's definately best to narrow down the problem to your phone or your public mobile service.

If there is something wrong with you service, @CS_Agent may be able to help you, but if the issue is with your phone, any changes they make to your account will have no effect.

Do you have another phone you can test your sim in? Anything unlocked or being used with Telus or Koodo should work.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@UMM  iPhones have a setting that alow calls to go through only for numbers that are in your contacts. Make sure that setting was not accidently turned on. Also, disable any call forwarding numbers by using the disable codes from the following article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@UMMI suggest you swap to another phone to see if it is a problem with your phone or with Public Mobile. Since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of Telus, a lot of problems need the user's own diagnosis.

Need Help? Let's chat.