cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not receiving calls

Geon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

has anybody had issues with their phone not receiving calls? I have had multiple people tell me that when they call my cell, that the call does not go through, it does not ring and the call is dropped?

22 REPLIES 22

@Geon wrote:

thanks for the feedback.  My calls are not even making it to voicemail. The caller does not even get a dial tone, and the call drops.

That SOUNDS more like an issue on the caller's end, or are you talking about NUMEROUS people having the same issue calling you? If it's just a few people, are those attempted calls all coming from the same general area, of good cell reception, as they were before, when you had few, or no issues with calls coming in?

That, and have you talked to a Moderator yet?

@Geon wrote:

thanks for the feedback.  My calls are not even making it to voicemail. The caller does not even get a dial tone, and the call drops.

Before it hangs up, do the other person hear any error message?

@Geon wrote:

@Geon  What kind of device are you using?  Does it have both 3g bannds B2 and B5? Did you check your settings on the dialer app to make sure they are set to use operator provider settings? Did you try testing your sim in another device?

Geon

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure. I had a similar problem with Freedom Mobile. After the second try, usually, calls went through without any connection issue.

PS. Connection level was very good on both sides.

@will13am wrote:

@Geon, is your phone connecting to the Public Mobile network successfully?  If you can achieve this on your end, dropped incoming calls are an issue at the caller end.  Even if you did not successfully connect to the network, calls would be directed to voice mail which is the default if you are not confirmed as connected. 

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have also received this problem. 

I believe it is due to the connection between you and the person who is calling you.

If either you or the person calling you has poor reception or both, it sometimes leads to you not receiving the call. 

Another reason why is maybe due the tower's connectivity strength such as if its overloaded.

@will13am wrote:

@Geon, is your phone connecting to the Public Mobile network successfully?  If you can achieve this on your end, dropped incoming calls are an issue at the caller end.  Even if you did not successfully connect to the network, calls would be directed to voice mail which is the default if you are not confirmed as connected. 

Now THAT sounds like some good info! 👍 

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Geon  Aside from network issues, is it possible that you have accidently activated call forwarding or DND (do not disturb)? Although unlikely, either could result in calls going directly to voicemail

You are welcome @Geon . Glad that we could help you.  Have a great weekend.

Geon

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Geon wrote:

i will try the lost/stolen trick next, thanks

Instead of using lost/stolen trick, adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  If $1 trick does not work, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Geon wrote:

Dumb question.... how do I contact the PM moderator?Simon.JPG

Or by private message at link below. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Geon

Dumb question.... how do I contact the PM moderator?

Geon

code is 778

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Geon wrote:

has anybody had issues with their phone not receiving calls? I have had multiple people tell me that when they call my cell, that the call does not go through, it does not ring and the call is dropped?

@Geon What is the area code of your number? If it is new, that can be the reason because not all operators fully support new are codes, like 672.

@Geon wrote:

@Geon  Note that there is a possibility that you will mess up your rewards if you try the lost/stolen trick. Best to contact the PM moderator team describe your issue and ask them to check your account from their end for any problems. They might have to reset you account for it to work properly.

@Geon If none of @hycm53 tricks work. Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Geon wrote:

Geon

Geon

I set the phone up 3 months ago. no issues at first. it is hit a miss on calls now. the majority being missed or dropped calls. i tried taking the sim card out, but that did not fix the issue

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Geon wrote:

No, never happened to me.

First try turn off your phone, remove SIM, wait couple minutes, insert SIM, turn on your phone. If the problem is still there, then the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Geon did you port your number?  Is this a new set up? When exacity did you activate this account? And can you receive calls from other people? 

@Geon wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.