cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not getting incoming calls, everything else works

ukeacreator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to public yesterday but havent been able to receive calls since, i set up my voice mail and everything

14 REPLIES 14

ukeacreator

thanks!

@ukeacreator You will receive a text from public mobile  to let you know when the port is finished.

@ukeacreator wrote:

Thanks, do they take long to answer?

Usually waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

ukeacreator

Thanks, do they take long to answer?

ukeacreator

how do i check port?

ukeacreator

i switched from bell to public mobile

@ukeacreator you can still use your old sim in the meantime, you didn't mention what type of port ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ukeacreator wrote:

Its cell service, i switched 24 hours ago. Would it take that long?

Which cellphone provider?

Some provider may take up to couple of days.

ukeacreator

oh wow really ? so i wont be able to receive calls for a week? kind of wish buddy mentioned that when i switched

justinedudka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Make sure your phone is unlocked or with the Telus/Koodo group.  If you need to contact your previous phone provider to get it unlocked.  It is free and does not take long.  This happened to someone I know and fixed the problem

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ukeacreator it depends on the type of port it is land and voip can take up to a week prepaid can take awhile also

ukeacreator

Its cell service, i switched 24 hours ago. Would it take that long?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ukeacreatorWhere are you porting your number from? What kind of service is it ie Cell / landline / voip? You probably just need to be patient for the porting process to be completed. If you have another phone keep your old SIM card in it, you will still be able to use it unti your old provider releases your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.