cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not allowed for Voice (Samsung Galaxy S9)

andriymallik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone was working fine for the last months, but all of the sudden today I am getting Phone not allowed for voice. I bought the phone from Kijiji, I checked to make sure that the phone is not blacklisted, and it shows that it's not. Please help. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Iqbal3467 wrote:

Hi friend, did you find solution.  I got samsung A50 from kijiji. I put my chatr SIm, it worked for 1 week. I tried to put Freedom SIM, I get MM error. PHONE NOT ALLOWED FOR VOICE.  I tried factory reset, network reset, SIM toolkit data cache clear etc...no success.  I tried back Chatr SIM, even that stopped working same error.  I get unregistered SIM error.. when I try to make call I get "Not registered on network". Both SIMs working fine in other Samasun S8+ fine. 

That could mean tthat either the wrong network has been manually selected or that the device is blacklisted/reported lost or stolen. I would go to devicecheck.ca and check the status of your IMEI.

Iqbal3467

Hi friend, did you find solution.  I got samsung A50 from kijiji. I put my chatr SIm, it worked for 1 week. I tried to put Freedom SIM, I get MM error. PHONE NOT ALLOWED FOR VOICE.  I tried factory reset, network reset, SIM toolkit data cache clear etc...no success.  I tried back Chatr SIM, even that stopped working same error.  I get unregistered SIM error.. when I try to make call I get "Not registered on network". Both SIMs working fine in other Samasun S8+ fine. 

greeegorrr

I'm sure you will be fine. Should be specific to that person's phone itself.

-cheers

Silverwilllow

andriymallik, have you had any luck yet?  I also have a Galaxy S9 and hopefuly this will not be a problem for me as well.

greeegorrr

Also, try a different SIM, factory reset the phone.

greeegorrr

Call the Kijiji contact and ask them to have the phone de-blacklisted or insist on a refund. You can involve the authorities. If nothing, contact the phones previous service provider and ask if the phone can be re-activated for a fee.

@andriymallik can you confirm that only voice calls are not working? If cellular data or SMS works, your phone isn't blacklisted.

This thread had a "similar" (SIM) issue. Fixed by restarting phone? Not quite the same tho.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Unregistered-Sim/m-p/455458/highlight/tru...

Do you have another phone you can try? How about another Telus/Koodo/PM sim? Might try removing the sim, rebooting phone, and reinstering sim, if you haven't already.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@andriymallik wrote:

Phone was working fine for the last months, but all of the sudden today I am getting Phone not allowed for voice. I bought the phone from Kijiji, I checked to make sure that the phone is not blacklisted, and it shows that it's not. Please help. 

@andriymallik Sounds like your phone got blacklisted.

Need Help? Let's chat.