Phone no transfer from previous company

tan1206
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Name:

Phone no. 

Email.

PIN. 

I was a Virgin Mobile customer, and Canceled their service on 31-Apr-2020.

On May 1, I applied to Public Mobile, opened a new account and transferred the previous phone no. from Virgin to Public.

I received a message from Public Mobile that the Phone No. transfer was NOT successful.

Please advise what should I do to keep the no.

I don't want to go back to Virgin to re-activate the No. because they will charge me for that.

Thanking you

Sincerely

Edit by mimmo removed personal info

8 REPLIES 8

@tan1206 wrote:

Please advise what should I do to keep the no.

I don't want to go back to Virgin to re-activate the No. because they will charge me for that.

Sorry, but you don't have a choice. The only way that this will be possible will be to have Virgin Mobile reactivate the service. This will cost you some money. If it's a prepaid account, it will cost you a month's worth of plan fees. If it's a postpaid plan, it will cost you 1 day's worth of plan service fee, assuming that Public Mboile can get the number transfered on the same day.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo thank you for editing out the person info👍

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@tan1206 HelloI hope you realize that you left all your personal information on here enough needed to sim jack your account who knows what else, please delete your info it’s no wonder people get hacked!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tan1206 

Important Note:  For your own safety and protection edit your post and remove all your personal info immediately!!

In order to be able to port in your number your account with Virgin must be active. If not, you need to call them and ask them to re-activate your account.

Once you account has been reactivated have the following info available:

1. Virgin account number
  2. Name on account
  3. Virgin phone number

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tan1206 I also suggest you contact Public Mobile moderators.

Simon.JPG

And request that they change your 4 digit pin code as all the public can see it along with your personal information. 

This is how stolen sim swaps happen 🤔

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You need to have an active account with your old provider to port your number over. Since you cancelled Virgins service before porting the number to Public Mobile the phone number is unfortunately gone. Maybe try reaching Virgin to see if you can get the number back before someone else takes it.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tan1206 Hello unfortunately once you close your old account they were under no obligation to transfer your number you can either re-open that account or except a new number from public mobile there is nothing that can be done on this end by public Also you are on a public forum where anybody can see your information please delete by clicking on the three dots top right and delete your personal info

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please choose 3 vertical dots and edit out personal info. This is a public forum. Everyone can see your information.

dots.jpg

Edit: @mimmo , @Luddite Could you please remove personal info from OP. TIA.

Need Help? Let's chat.