cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line "NO Service" - when checked online Phone # and SIM information has changed

shiranthas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday all of sudden I got "no Service" in my iphone and I did numerous things to get it up running but no success. 

When I checked online in my profile - my phone number has changed to a number in Quebec with area code 438.  (I had 403 - Alberta number). Also my SIM card seesm to be not the correct one from last 4 digits).   This could be system error. Quebec # is not active when I called. No usage  either. 

How can I get back my old # and SIM information back to my profile and get my phone running?  

Sent a message to moderator / tweeted - but no help fro Public Mobile yet. 

FRUSTATED! 

19 REPLIES 19

Mfizzard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is weird, try forcing a hard reset and then do the same online through the self serve.  Reset the SIM.  If that doesn't work, you'll probably need a new SIM

dmacdougall

I did. I was hoping to see if  similair problems to that which I was having at the time were resolved. There seems to be a lot of these types of posts that seem to be unresolved. 

@dmacdougall wrote:

Did you ever get a reply from the Moderators? 

Did you checked the date on this message...2018...I think it's ok now or gone...

dmacdougall

Did you ever get a reply from the Moderators? 

shiranthas

Its almost 24 hrs now since last communication and  48 hr since this is reported. May be there is a  serous issue which they can't  disclose?   Should I suspend the service ? I just dont want do anything without they asking me to do it. 

@shiranthas wrote:

Yes  - trying it so often including pulling SIM out and re-inserting. PM guys need to intervene but they are not doing it. Not even providing an update.  Did they mention anything about a new number or sim?

I am not totally sure about this, maybe someone eldse can answer, if they are able to reregister your number back to your sim card as your sim and number may have been cancelled in the switch.

@CS_Agent Is there an update on this apparent account hijacking?

Thanks

shiranthas

Yes  - trying it so often including pulling SIM out and re-inserting. PM guys need to intervene but they are not doing it. Not even providing an update.  

Has the phone number and sim serial number been fixed in your account? 

Maybe restart your phone if you have not tried that already

shiranthas

Update: Unfortunatley, no resoultion for my isssue yet. Very dissapointed  with this  poor service.  

1. Still - No sevice 
  2. Online usage - Someone else in Quebec is using my account for calls / web 
  3. Moderatory did the account verification, accepted that there is a change and asked me if I did any changes - I said NO 
  4.  Moderatory said they will reinstate my number and SIM card  back to my account ( this is yesaterday at 3.15 PM mountain time) 
  5. since then - no communication, no update, no  change except they allow the other guy to use my account. 

What should I do?   I have a sick child at home and not having phone service is a major safety concern but Public Mobile is just  ignoring all my messages. 

shiranthas

UPDATE: Moderator got back to me, but still waiting for the resolution of the issue.   

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shiranthas wrote:

@popping Account is active, but no ring tone. Phone has no service.  Unfortunatley @Moderator_Team   moderators are not responding for this serious  issue. 

I sent a private message to moderator on Sunday Sep 16 10pm and moderator responded on Monday afternoon. My guess they are not as busy as before.

Let us hope moderator will get to your request today. YMMV

shiranthas

@popping Account is active, but no ring tone. Phone has no service.  Unfortunatley @Moderator_Team   moderators are not responding for this serious  issue. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, this is either a really nasty system glitch or an account hijack was involved. 

shiranthas

Account is active online. But when I call my number it says the number is not in service. 

shiranthas

Thanks - Yes all my information is correct except the phone number and visible SIM information.  When I call my number I get "not in service " message. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shiranthas

Is your account status still active?

Call you phone number.  Do you get the rign tone?

You are doing the right thing to send private message to moderator for help.

But it may take up to 48 hours for response.  

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@CS_Agent This is most unusal and may be a serious breach.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whoa that is very odd.  What if you check "my profile"?  Is your name and address still correct?

I think all you can do for now is wait for the Moderator Team to respond...

Need Help? Let's chat.