cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is not working - port stuck - Koodo port to PM

nateohnine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to port my old numer from Koodo to PM on 03/22/18

I received a text verifying my new PIN, but never received a text saying that it was successful

I followed step by step on how to port from Koodo. On my self serve account, it has been updated with the phone number I tried to port from Koodo

I initially had a new phone number from PM, which worked, then ported my old number from Koodo

It has now been over 24 hours, and neither the new number or ported number work

I cannot call/text/use data

I contacted Koodo, and they said that the port was successful on their end

I have contacted moderators and have had a lack of response and help (they have been telling me to do things that I have already tried myself to troubleshoot the phone)

I have service bars on my phone, but am still unable to talk/text/use data

Can someone from PM please call me (on another number of course) to help me solve this issue? And if it cannot be solved, can I please get a refund for the 90 days that I paid for?

I have family that is in the hospital and need this phone to be working, and have been very unsatisfied with the service and outcome of trying to port a number over to PM thus far.

Thanks

PS I have tried the PM SIM card on 3 different phones that are all unlocked, still cannot talk/text/use data

11 REPLIES 11

Mel81

I'm so sorry. Don't know if it helps, but I'm right there with you. Switched carriers from Virgin, the PM data works and I can call out (crap call quality though) but nothing else works. Not thing one.

Mod told me that my number was already being ported and it stuck this port, but that isn't possible - and my Dad died almost 3 weeks ago, this is my only line, and I'm STILL trying to make all the arrangements like this.

So glad I switched. *eye roll*

Hope your loved one gets better soon.

@nateohnine

I'm assuming you configured your phone's APN settings for Public Mobile, and then restarted it?  And the same on at least one of the other ("3 different unlocked") phones you tried to get working on PM?

@nateohninewrote:

Moderator team could not help me resolve the issue...

That's a little strange because  the both Public Mobile and Koodo Mobile both share the same department that handles nubmer porting.  So, both brands have access to the same resources to fix a number portability issue.  I strongly suspect that Public Mobile could have fixed your number transfer issue, although it might have taken a few tries.

nateohnine

Moderator team could not help me resolve the issue...

ended up taking my business back to koodo

koodo had a difficult time trying to port the number back from PM....not sure what went wrong in the first place...

PM transferred account credits to a friend’s account instead of issuing a refund, which was fine with me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@delta1, unfortunately, you will just have to wait until they get to you.  If nothing is working (inbound/outbound/data), I'm hoping you have tried restarting the phone, just in case the problem is on your end.

delta1

I have exactly the same problem from yesterday, before the port which was succesful

both numbers were working, after the port today as of now 1:05pm March 24, no phone

service and no data service, the bars show but cannot call out or receive calls and not data.

I have pm one of the moderators an hour ago. 😞

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@nateohnine, Thank you for your message once more. As you may know already, there are no phone number and we only communicate through the online community. Can you please continue the private conversation that you've started? Thank you! 

nateohnine

Koodo service was not prepaid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If this is a prepaid to prepaid port, I think moderator team assistance is needed.  

nateohnine

definitely have a different email on file. PM actually told me everything was fine on their end and just suggested rebooting my phone amongst other very general troubleshooting tips. Nothing has worked

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nateohnine; Sorry to hear of your porting issues.  It sounds like your port is stuck.  In that situation, you definitely need the help of a moderator.

A couple of things to consider, though.  If you are porting from Koodo, you must have a different email account for Public Mobile (WRT you email on file for Koodo).  If your Kood account was a prepaid account, then the ONLY way to port a number into Public mobile is with the assistance of a moderator.

I suggest you keep going with the moderators.  I doubt there is anything you can do from your end other than ensure you have a different email account set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.