cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is network locked after leaving public mobile?

Jafakin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I have a Samsung s7 that is purchased unlock from the Samsung store and used it on public mobile.  I just signed up to another provider and when the new sim card is in it says network locked enter pin.   

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bjpubxr wrote:

If you didn't buy the phone through Public, its likely the manufacturer.

Just for clarity...Public Mobile doesn't sell phones.

@Anonymous just for clartiy... they used to.  FYI.  They haven't for several years now, but they were not originally a BYOB provider.  

What?...no open bar? Crap. 🙂

But seriously...thanks. I did write in the present tense. I see now that the thing I replied to did technically write in the past tense.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@bjpubxr wrote:

@Anonymous just for clartiy... they used to.  FYI.  They haven't for several years now, but they were not originally a BYOB provider.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bjpubxr wrote:

bjpubxr

I've never heard of this happening before, but I did have a problem unlocking a phone from an old provider many years ago. I bought an iPhone 6 from a provider about 4 years ago, but it was locked and part of a contract plan and I bought it at a reduced rate. A few months into the plan, I wanted to switch, so I paid to buy out the phone since I liked the phone. The provider told me it was unlocked, but it wasn't, so when I activated my new service surprise surprise. I had to call the old provider back and work the issue out. It ended up not being the iPhone, so just be sure to check all angles on this one. If you didn't buy the phone through Public, its likely the manufacturer.

@Csokool, you can send a private message as described in the thread above, the Moderator_Team will be able to assist you.

Really, you should be able to go to any Telus or Koodo store to request an unlock code as the carriers are required to unlock the phone.

LTE

For you LG 4  you will need to buy a unlock code from Cellunlocker

https://www.cellunlocker.net

choose your Model and Telus as Network Provider.

Csokool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue with my LG 4. I am leaving public mobile for Freedom. What is the code to unlock my sim network?

Jafakin

Ok thank you

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jafakin

I can verify everyones information to you first hand - I've experienced this with my s7.  It's a Samsung software feature.  If you head to Samsung.ca, start a live chat with one of their agents, explain your situation, they are very easy to deal with and you'll have your unlock code in 5 min or less - they are extremely prompt to correct this problem.

Jafakin

Oh didn't know that. Thanks a bunch 

mimmo

It is a common thing to happen it locks to the first sim  inserted into it. Has been discussed is past threads. It is a phone thing not a pm thing.  Some iphones do the same thing.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jafakin wrote:

The question is why was it network locked to begin with from public mobile?  This phone has been bought straight out from samsung

@Jafakin,

Sometimes, the Samsung phones are not "truly" unlocked. They are unlocked brand new but will automatically lock to the first carrier's SIM inserted to the phone, which seems to be your case. 

Contact Samsung to see if they can provide you with an unlock code, or you can try sending a message to the Moderators to see if they can help (include your account number and phone number as well as your issue):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jafakin

The question is why was it network locked to begin with from public mobile?  This phone has been bought straight out from samsung

mimmo

I think samsun caan provide you with the pin or you can ask the mods to unlock it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.