cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone intermittently fails to complete outgoing calls and fails to receive incoming calls

Luddite47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. It is compatible with Publics network.

I am not a new user. My account is up-to-date. I have a talk plan NA wide.

My phone itermittently fails to complete outgoing calls or incoming calls. It sometimes works if I power off the phone and then power it up. Restarting doesn't seem to do it.

The software is up-to-date.

I'm getting really frustrated, both with the instructions on this 'Community', and reaching someone alive. Your help bot sucks.

I need my phone to be able to make and receive phone calls, as that's its primary purpose.

Sincerely, Luddite47

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite47

Both are set to 'auto', thanks

Luddite47

I'm in the City of Vancouver (Commercial Drive area), and the cell reception is fine....I've got full signal strength (bars)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Keep an eye on the reception strength.  Perhaps the calls are being made while the reception is weak.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check your settings on the phone  You may have turned on manual network selection instead of automatic and are out of range with the specific network that you selected in the area.  you could have fixed dialing turned on also. 

For manual network selection it should be something like this:

1. FIND "NETWORK OPERATORS"

Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone.
Tap the settings icon.
Tap More....
Tap Mobile networks.
Tap Network operators.

For Fixed Dialing
1. FIND "FIXED DIALLING NUMBERS"
Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone.
Tap the settings icon.
Tap Call settings.
Tap Fixed dialing numbers.

Let us know if this helps. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite47 

Please, check your SIM card in another compatible phone; to be sure it is not your phone that is malfunctioning. If it is account related problem, you will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will check provisioning on your account!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.