cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going straight to voicemail

Springs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I joined Public Mobile about two weeks ago and have had no problems until yesterday.  My phone is suddenly going straight to voicemail.  Any suggestions?

39 REPLIES 39

Springs

I checked that too.

I know its a longshot but...make sure the volume is turned up on the phone.

@Springs wrote:

I've cycled on and off.  Is there anything specific I should be looking for in settings?

Take a look at the call forwarding settings on the phone app.  Make sure it is not set to always forward calls to voicemail. 

Springs

I've cycled on and off.  Is there anything specific I should be looking for in settings?

Springs

Yes, I have bars, I'm not on airplane mode or have do not disturb.  I keep looking for other obvious issues but can't find any.  I can still use my phone and people can call  me but it doesn't ring, just goes straight to voicemail.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SpringsDo you have service with your phone? ie Public Mobile bar appears? If not try swapping your SIM card with another phone.

Make sure that "Airplane Mode" hasn't been turned on in err.

Try cycling phone off / on.

Look in your settings to make sure everything is as it should be.

Springs

I have the $25 plan and am nowhere close to running out. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Springs wrote:

Hi, I joined Public Mobile about two weeks ago and have had no problems until yesterday.  My phone is suddenly going straight to voicemail.  Any suggestions?

If you signed up for the $15 plan...you've maybe run outta minutes. You can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to back up your $15 plan. Those add-on minutes don't expire until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer.

Can people call you still ?

Need Help? Let's chat.