cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone going straight to voicemail

Springs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I joined Public Mobile about two weeks ago and have had no problems until yesterday.  My phone is suddenly going straight to voicemail.  Any suggestions?

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabarnak wrote:

phone rebooted and network selection is on AUTO...still not working. 

Isn't it weird that the add-on doesn't show up in my Plan overview even if I see the transaction in Payment history??

Click Plan Details.

cabarnak

phone rebooted and network selection is on AUTO...still not working. 

Isn't it weird that the add-on doesn't show up in my Plan overview even if I see the transaction in Payment history??

Public-Mobile-Overview.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabarnak wrote:

Yes I did. Here's the screenshot of the transaction

Check that your mobile networks aren't set to one. Set it to auto. You should have received a text upon connecting to either AT&T or T-Mobile. Or you're out of range of either.

@cabarnak wrote:

Public-Mobile-Transaction-History.png

Try rebooting the phone, if you haven't done that yet.

cabarnak

Public-Mobile-Transaction-History.png

@cabarnak wrote:

That's what I thought, it usually does activate very quickly. I did place the order and see it in my transaction history. Yet, it doesn't show in my add-ons...can you please check my account?

Look in your Available Funds ...do you see the $$ there ? If so, now go back and actually buy the 10 Day US Roaming add-on that you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabarnak wrote:

how long does it typically take for a US roaming bundle to activate? 

Did you get the welcome to the US text when you got there?

Did you do both steps of depositing money and then buying the add-on? It's a bit non-intuitive.

So you're trying to set the call forwarding options while the phone and SIM in are in the US?

You're trying to forward to a Canadian number?

cabarnak

That's what I thought, it usually does activate very quickly. I did place the order and see it in my transaction history. Yet, it doesn't show in my add-ons...can you please check my account?

@cabarnak wrote:

Should be right away if done successfully. Remember that it only works whilst you're in UIS.

cabarnak

@cabarnak wrote:

I’ll get the add on, and perform the call fwd then. I’ll see if that works AND if the settings stick once the add on expires 

Yeah will definitely be interesting to hear your findings. Not a lot of people travelling to the USA this year to report how some the quirks actually work while roaming in the USA.

cabarnak

I’ll get the add on, and perform the call fwd then. I’ll see if that works AND if the settings stick once the add on expires 

thanks for your help!

I am not sure if changing call forwarding settings is supported/possible while not in Canada roaming on  AT&T or T-Mobile... Especially without a USA roaming plan without talk.

Call forwarding on Public Mobile also only works to Canadian numbers.

cabarnak

If my PM number were to be forwarded to a Quebec number successfully , I don’t understand how the physical location of the phone changes anything ...

Since you are now in the USA, you need to purchase one of the following add-on's:

• US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00
  • US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) - $15.00
  • US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00

cabarnak

Oh.. and I forgot to mention that if I pop the sim in a pixel 3, I get the same result

Of course if you are in the USA without a USA Roaming calling add-on, your calls will definitely go to voicemail, or possibly not even that.

cabarnak

Could it be because I am now in the USA and trying to set this without having a US add on?

cabarnak

Still not working...here’s what I get 

3B82B971-1F2A-4E9B-A161-0D1BE5AEBB43.png

@cabarnak 

##21# resets your "unconditional" forwarding, which you've done - great

##004# resets your "conditional" forwarding, so try this next.

*62*1234567890# should work... but it has to be a valid 10 or 11 digit number... Maybe iPhone you can try with two stars at the beginning, ie **62*1234567890#

All the different manual call forwarding codes are also described here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

To test if your phone itself is somehow configured block all calls, do you have another phone you can temporarily swap the SIM into and test calling it?

cabarnak
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I cleared all forwards with ##21# and confirmed with *#21#

I then set the "calls forward" on the iphone. Confirmed with *#21# and all was ok. Looking up *#61# / *#62# / *#67# all three numbers are still forwarded to voicemail number. With that setup a call to the PM number gets forwarded to vm.

On the iphone, I do not have any way of setting the three conditions. I guess I'll need to do it via a dial code. Can you please confirm what these codes should be? I tried Dial *62*1xxxxxxx# but this returns an error message

Thanks again for your help

@cabarnak 

To check current call forward settings manually, dial each of these:

*#21# - check current unconditional forward (Usually not forwarded)

*#61# - check current no-reply conditional forward (Usually voicemail deposit #)

*#62# - check current not-reachable conditional forward (Usually voicemail deposit #)

*#67# - check current busy/declined conditional forward (Usually voicemail deposit #)

With public mobile, unconditional forward can be cleared by dialing ##21#, and all three conditional forwards can be reset back to default voicemail access number by dialing ##004#

See how that goes... otherwise try setting each of the conditional forwards to different numbers, and depending which number the call gets diverted to you can determine which 'condition' is being triggered: a *#67# code would be for blocked calls or DND. a *#62# code would be if the phone is turned off or off the network.

cabarnak

ok thanks I'll try that 🙂

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

cabarnak

I also think that I may need help from @CS_Agent 

I have my "Always Forward" call forwarding to a different Quebec number (home province where plan is active). Calling my PM number goes straight to voicemail (call is not routed/forwarded to other number) 

Springs

@cellphoneuser1 @hairbag1 @will13am @GinYVR Thank you all for your help.  I contacted the Moderator Team and they had me reset the network settings and restart the phone.  It appears to now be working.  Hopefully no more glitches.  Take care and have a great day!  

Springs

That I don't know.  I'll have to try to test that.  Thanks for the tip.

@hairbag1 wrote:

I know its a longshot but...make sure the volume is turned up on the phone.

Volume off wouldn't send a call straight to voicemail. It would still ring.

@Springs The $25 plan has unlimited minutes so you can't run out. It might be a tower network issue.  If you go to another place, does it still happen when someone calls you?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Springs wrote:

Hi, I joined Public Mobile about two weeks ago and have had no problems until yesterday.  My phone is suddenly going straight to voicemail.  Any suggestions?

If you signed up for the $15 plan...you've maybe run outta minutes. You can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to back up your $15 plan. Those add-on minutes don't expire until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer.

Can people call you still ?

If on $15 plan, he has unlimited incoming calls if on the one that includes it. For outgoing cals, out of minutes wouldn't send him to to voicemail. The call wouldn't work.

Springs

Lol.  Yes, its up.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.