cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone erroneously blacklisted, taken off blacklist but I’m still unable to use it

Camino89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my phone was wrongly listed as lost/stolen by my previous provider, but after I contacted them and was able to show proof of ownership and that it was NOT a stolen device it was taken off the blacklist. Unfortunately I am unable to use my device almost two days later as it still shows “No Service”. I checked my phone on the public mobile website and it still appears to be blacklisted on their end. 

Is is there any way I can fix this. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

Camino89

Hey everybody, 

Thanks for your help and replies I am now able to use my phone. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Camino89 yes it can be frustrating, but the first step is contacting them. Now you just need to wait to hear back from them and go from there. In the meantime, there may be other community members who show up to help and provide some advice which could solve your issue.

Some people have said the wait time could be 48+ hours up to 72 hours, but that isn't the rule. While a few people on here have been waiting a while to get their concerns dealt with there are others who have received help in a more timely manner.

In your case, I hope you hear back soon and receive the proper assistance required.

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi it should be a matter of hours if you have left them a reply. They are closed at this point. 9am till 7pm Toronto time.

Hope this helps Ada

Camino89

How long does it usually take to receive a response? I have tried emailing the moderator team since early this morning and not hearing back at all. This is seriously frustrating

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome @Camino89 to Public Mobile.

It's unfortunate for that to happen. I think the best thing to do would be to contact the Moderator team with your information.

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here

I know it can be a little frustrating, but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Camino89 wrote:

Hello my phone was wrongly listed as lost/stolen by my previous provider, but after I contacted them and was able to show proof of ownership and that it was NOT a stolen device it was taken off the blacklist. Unfortunately I am unable to use my device almost two days later as it still shows “No Service”. I checked my phone on the public mobile website and it still appears to be blacklisted on their end. 

Is is there any way I can fix this. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

I assume you have tried removing your sim for a 30 minutes and re-inserting?

The list gets updated from time to time (to check for stolen, but not sure if to check for unstolen) I would suggest contacting a mod to see if there is anyway to speed this process up. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.