cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone data is disconnected

Brad_Hankewich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I switched over on the 18th of April from Bell. And the data in my phone no longer works. I have switch servers and rebooted phone. Please help.

16 REPLIES 16

Brad_Hankewich

I am currently using the sp.telus.com entry and am unable to change to sp.mb.com

@Brad_Hankewich wrote:

This was one of the first things i have tried. The one thing i am unable to change is the APN settings, which may be the issue. I have an android phone and have looked up how but has proven difficult.

@Brad_Hankewich  Yes, that would be the issue. Go into Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network -> Advanced -> Access Points.

Is there an sp.mb.com entry? If not, is there an sp.telus.com entry?

Brad_Hankewich

It is an android phone. The Teracube. It works great and was fine on my previous cell provider

Operating system:

Android Pie (9.0) with Google Play Store
Processor:
MediaTek Helio P60 2.0GHz Octa-core processor

Brad_Hankewich

This was one of the first things i have tried. The one thing i am unable to change is the APN settings, which may be the issue. I have an android phone and have looked up how but has proven difficult.

@Brad_Hankewich Try resetting your network. Enable data, restart your phone, leave WiFi off and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet . Let us know if this doesn't work.  Thanks. Stay safe. 

@Brad_Hankewich  What type of phone are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brad_Hankewich wrote:

I have all 5gs left. Nothing has been used yet. Data is on just not receiving it.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Brad_Hankewich

And yes it worked when I was with bell 4 days ago

Brad_Hankewich

I have all 5gs left. Nothing has been used yet. Data is on just not receiving it.

Brad_Hankewich

Yes, it is switched on. Although not getting any data.

Brad_Hankewich

Thank you, but I have no data used currently. I need to reset settings looks like someone did that for me to.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Brad_Hankewich  If you data has never worked since you switched and you have an Android phone then make sure data is on and check your APN settings they should be:

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

Also make sure that the network is not manually set to connect to your previous provider.

If you have an iPhone reset your network settings.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Brad_Hankewich wrote:

Hello I switched over on the 18th of April from Bell. And the data in my phone no longer works. I have switch servers and rebooted phone. Please help.

Have you checked your self serve account? You may have run through the data that you already were provided. With Public when you run out it turns off, they will not bill you for extra data. You can see your data usage on the left-hand side.

If you have run out you will need to add funds to your account by making a payment. Then going to add on's and adding additional data to your account.

Have a wonderful day!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Brad_Hankewich 

Which plan are you on?

Did it ever work?

4 days is very short time unless you are on$15 plan or if you downloaded a movie

How much data do you have left?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Brad_Hankewich Login to your account and look under Data & Add-ons. If nothing is listed you have used up the data allowance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brad_Hankewich wrote:

Is your cell data switch on?

Do you see mention of data in your data & add-ons area on your self serve overview page?

Edit: is this recently or ever since you switched?

Need Help? Let's chat.