cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone connected to Telus service not PM?

PeterA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week (03/13/2020) my phone would not make calls or send texts. Telus showed as the service-connected to, in the top left corner of the phone and not PM. This lasted for about 36 hours then it went back to PM and worked. I have never been with Telus. I read something about hackers in Kodos on this date...

Any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12

PeterA

Yes but...does your phone stop working when "connected" to Telus? I have never been a Telus customer and I could not make calls or send texts while Telus was showing up on my iPhone screen. 

Thank you for your reply. :cathappy:

PeterA

Thank you for your reply. I have never been a Telus customer. The phone is now working and was only out for about 36 hours. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

On an android phone it is possible to edit the notification.  On my current phone, the lock screen shows Telus but when I unlock, it switches to Public Mobile.  I edited the name for SIM 1.  

PeterA

Thank you all for your thoughts!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PeterA   Absolutely agree that you shouldn't be without service and if that is happening then use the link from my earlier post to submit a ticket to moderators.

Edit:  One other thing you can try is to power off your phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins, re-insert SIM and restart your phone.

PeterA

It did not bother me to be connected to Telus.  What bothers me is having a phone which is working. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PeterA   Then submit a ticket to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

PeterA

Yes I played with airplane on and off settings. Nothing.

PeterA

No it did not work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PeterA  Unless your phone service is being interrupted when Telus appears as your phone provider instead of PM, I wouldn't worry about it too much as Telus is the the parent company of PM anyways.

However, it it bothers you seeing Telus, then try the suggestions to see if it fixes the problem.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PeterA 

Next when this happened again.  Turn off you phone for couple minutes and turn it on again.  I am not sure whether it will get your phone connected to PM again.  But it is a good start.  Turn on airplane mode may have the same effect.  YMMV

Report this problem if this happened again.

I have a Chines dual SIM phone.  The notification bar is showing Public Mobile.  But on the Google Messages app is showing Telus for the SIM slot with my PM SIM card.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@PeterA did your phone work while on the Telus? There was some maintenance being done over the weekend. I don't know if this could have affected your service. Restart your phone if this ever happens again.

Need Help? Let's chat.