cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility

lanashirley7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I would like to sign my daughter up with Public Mobile but I want to be sure the phone is compatible before I buy it. I'm considering a Samsung galaxy A50, A51, A70 or A71 but they are not in the list of compatible phones. Also, how can I find the imei number before buying it?

10 REPLIES 10

@Jasonsss wrote:
Any phone manufactured passed 2017 is compatible with all cell phone companies

This statement is not correct. There are many phones that do not work at Public Mobile (even if made after 2017), and I also do not believe that there is any one single device that is compatble with every cell phone company in the world.

Jasonsss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Any phone manufactured passed 2017 is compatible with all cell phone companies

lanashirley7

Thank you for your help. 

lanashirley7

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lanashirley7  Any new Samsung A series phone sold by a Canadian retailer is compatible with Public Mobile. If you are going to purchase from a private seller or Kijiji be careful as the phone can be stolen or on contract and there is a possiblity that it will get blacklisted.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lanashirley7 you can ask the seller for the IMEI number. they will provide it to you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. Your 15-digit IMEI number could come in handy if you need to track a lost phone. There are three ways to find your phone’s IMEI number:

• Dial *#06#
  • Check the SIM card tray, or original box, for the number.
  • Remove your battery, underneath it you will find a white label with your IMEI number.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

They will work. The compatibility checker is updated manually and newer models are not on the list.

Need Help? Let's chat.