cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility?

Serri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I'm planning to switch to PM from Freedom. As my calls goes straight to voicemail without ringing, call forwarding is also off.

I was wondering if anyone knows if my phone is compatible. 

It's the

Huawei p30 Lite 

If anyone has any experience with the service, please let me know! Tired of getting calls forwarded to my voicemail and not receiving any. 

I live in toronto/scarborough ON area.

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

I didn't I can message the guy and let you know. 🙂

@Naepalm 

Lol I got the same....did you get a price? Maybe @AE_Collector wants to go in with me if the price is right.

That is if I ever get the ones I already ordered....?

@gblackma 

I just got an email from them asking if I wanted to buy 20 or more. Im wondering if I should then I can sell them to you guys for the lower price 🙂 

@Serri , @Naepalm the current SIM price is $6.99 at Canadian cell supplies.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

On  Sunday there is an additional 40% off https://canadiancellsupplies.com/pages/discount-codes

😂😂😂😂 @Naepalm 

@Jb456 lol fat fingers on my phone lol 

@Naepalm 

Typo in your link. 😝

Screenshot_20200508_093549.jpg

@Serri awesome to hear when you port over if you need help just ask anyone here. A good place to buy sim vards is canadiancellsupplies.com they are half price there! 🙂

@Serri 

It sounds like you have the same problem I had when I was with freedom....a poor signal at home and variable elsewhere like inside large buildings like malls or hospitals or surrounded by tall buildings that can block the signal from their network. My signal was so bad at home that I had a second phone with telus backing up freedom. It's one of the reasons I switched to public mobile. I knew my signal would be fine at home with public mobile because they are on the telus network. The cost savings won't be huge from freedoms but the savings in frustration level with reliable signal and service across Canada is priceless!

chromeknickers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The coverage is great since it uses Telus’s and Bell’s towers. Right now I’m in a very rural area where there are a lot of dead zones. I can have hours’ long conversations with people in the US with no dropping and still maintaining LTE. As for Toronto coverage, I’ve never had an issue whatsoever. 

Serri

@gblackma I get service like some times. Even when i'm at home in Scarborough, I don't receive calls. Most calls get forwarded to voicemail. Possibly 5 calls and 3 or even 4 of them goes to voicemail. Sometimes I don't get calls at all for the whole day and the voicemail pops up. 

@TimmyHoo23 Okay, if that's the case, it would consider the change. Probably their cell towers are awful for reception or something..

@Naepalm I'm planning to move onto PM from Freedom. I will be porting the number over! Had this number for more than 6 years, cannot lose it! 

Yes, that's correct, i'm not with PM at the moment, i'm with freedom. I just want to know how the service is, since i'm always in Toronto by the cell towers, calls get forwarded to my voicemail often. Thanks! I'm looking forward to be with PM!

@benfatto I've bought it from Koodo, it's unlocked! Thanks!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Serri wrote:

Hi! I'm planning to switch to PM from Freedom. As my calls goes straight to voicemail without ringing, call forwarding is also off.

I was wondering if anyone knows if my phone is compatible. 

It's the

Huawei p30 Lite 

If anyone has any experience with the service, please let me know! Tired of getting calls forwarded to my voicemail and not receiving any. 

I live in toronto/scarborough ON area.

Thank you!

I have the P30 pro, specs on these phones are fairly similar. I don't think it is a phone issue. Are you currently porting your number? If you are it takes a few hours for it to complete.

The only time I experienced that was within the first hour as the port had not fully come to completion. 

Now, I am a little confused on your question. So, at this point you are not with Public, but you want to switch and are asking if public drops calls like freedom and sends most of your calls to voicemail?

Then I can answer that is a define No in my case, Public service has been amazing I have used it out in the country in rural towns and have not had any issues. Like I said earlier the only time you may see what you are experiencing from "freedom" would be when you initially port your number over. 

Glad to see you are kicking Freedom to the curb and jumping on the Public Bus. 

You WILL NOT REGRET IT! 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you bought the phone from freedom, you must unlock it to use here. 

TimmyHoo23

I have previously heard of issues with freedom too, would not recommend it. I think it's freedom that is the issue in your situation.  

@Serri wrote:

Yeah, freedom is also compatible. It's just the service on the phone i'm wondering about as well.

I would like to know if anyone has any problems with calls on PM service. 

I had trouble with my freedom service. And the freedom coverage is the same as Telus in Toronto. So i'm assuming it's either Freedom's service or phone issue? 

Thank you for letting me know it's compatible! 

@Serri , coming from Freedom Mobile, I assume that you submitted a number port.  If so, it may not be completed yet.  Have you tried the Freedom service to confirm that it has been cancelled.  That is the best way to confirm the porting is complete.  If conditions persist for more than about 4 hours, you probably have a stuck port and need moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

@Serri Do you get service elsewhere or does every call get forwarded to voicemail? Thanks 

Serri

Yeah, freedom is also compatible. It's just the service on the phone i'm wondering about as well.

I would like to know if anyone has any problems with calls on PM service. 

I had trouble with my freedom service. And the freedom coverage is the same as Telus in Toronto. So i'm assuming it's either Freedom's service or phone issue? 

Thank you for letting me know it's compatible! 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Serri It compatible. If you know someone in your are on the Bell network, Telus uses the same towers.  So your reception should be the same. You can also check your coverage here.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Make sure the phone is unlocked and your Freedom plan must be active to port your number.

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think it should be compatible if it worked with Freedom.  Check willmyphonework.net.  Make sure it is unlocked.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_lite-9545.php

Need Help? Let's chat.