cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility - Samsung A20 SM-A205F

ethansh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I want to switch my operator from Shaw to PM. I got my phone from Iran and it didn't work with Shaw at all. I wanted to be sure that works with PM before switching my SIM card.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@ethansh 

You are correct.  It has the necessary 3G bands which is important for talk with Public mobile.  Only has 1 compatible LTE bands.  Data should be usable.  Ideally, you want to get a phone made for North America.  

If possible, maybe borrow a friend or family member's SIM card from either Public mobile, Telus or Koodo.  If it works in your phone, it should also with Public mobile.  Public mobile uses the same network as Telus and Koodo.  

ethansh

Based on the website you sent it is compatible with GSM but not with UMTS and LTE, does it mean I have coverage for phone calls but not a good internet connection? I just care about good phone calls and opening the google map at a reasonable speed, or send an email with my phone.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes these are the specs and looks like it will work, but based on the compatibility tool found here, it will not work in Canada, only Rogers and Fido support this phone on the 2G network: 

www.frequencycheck.com

www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/25bps4j/samsung-sm-a205f-ds-galaxy-a20-2019-global-dual-sim-td-...

@ethansh 

Here is the specs on your phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a20-9640.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41
 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Your phone should work with Public mobile.  

ethansh

Thanks for the reply, I did but it doesn't have A20

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ethansh :Use the phone compatibility tool found by clicking get started found at bottom of this page then click find out if my phone is compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.