cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can call out, won't receive calls

superinkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having an issue with my new Public Mobile network. I can call out, but when people call me, it goes straight to voicemail like my phone is off. We signed up my husband the same day and his is working fine. 

It's not always consistent. Sometimes I'm able to receive calls, other times it goes straight to voicemail. If I look at SMS messages, it shows there is no connection. My data is working fine. People will contact me via Facebook messenger to let me know they're trying to reach me. 

Earlier today, I was texting and everything was working fine. Now SMS and calling isn't working. Phone numbers were ported, but we've had the phones for a couple weeks now. 

Phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2. 

7 REPLIES 7

superinkie

@geopublic wrote:

@superinkie wrote:

I'm having an issue with my new Public Mobile network. I can call out, but when people call me, it goes straight to voicemail like my phone is off. We signed up my husband the same day and his is working fine. 

It's not always consistent. Sometimes I'm able to receive calls, other times it goes straight to voicemail. If I look at SMS messages, it shows there is no connection. My data is working fine. People will contact me via Facebook messenger to let me know they're trying to reach me. 

Earlier today, I was texting and everything was working fine. Now SMS and calling isn't working. Phone numbers were ported, but we've had the phones for a couple weeks now. 

Phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2. 

@superinkie  That phone has two sim slots try switching slots to see if it makes a difference.

Good point. I can try that. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@superinkie wrote:

Phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2. 

@superinkie  That phone has two sim slots try switching slots to see if it makes a difference.

superinkie

No. Sometimes it happens at home. Sometimes at the mall.... All over the place. And my husband's phone (exact same phone model, on Public Mobile's network) will be working right next to me while mine isn't working. So it doesn't seem to be a service area problem. 

superinkie

I've checked the first one you suggested and it's not activated. Everything looks like calls should be going through. I couldn't find anything about call forwarding in my phone. The voicemail settings don't have any settings for call forwarding. 

I couldn't fine anything called "Service Center Number" in that secret menu you suggested, but I took a screen shot of how things looks now so I can compare when it's not working. 

Everything is working completely normally now. It's an intermittent problem. No problem receiving calls at the moment or sending texts. I'll try to look into that secret menu when the issue happens again to see if something has changed. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@superinkie wrote:

Phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2. 

Does this always happen in the same place? How strong is the signal when this happens?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@superinkie wrote:

Phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2. 

You can try your sim in your wife's phone and vice versa just to see if it's your phone or your sim activation.

karthiks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Regarding incoming calls going to voicemail, please check: 

1) if you have not, by mistake, turned on call barring 

2) or if you have not, again by mistake, turned on auto-forwarding to voicemail 

You should be able to see this settings in your Phone/Dialler app (if it is an Android). 

Regarding texts, try checking your "Service Centre" number? You will again view this in your message settings (if it is an Android) or in the phone's secret menus (open dialler, *#*#4636#*#*) 

May be a liiiiitle trickier on an iPhone - will have to run a search and tell you separately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.