cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls dropping after about 55 seconds

sonician
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just had three calls in a row drop after 55-57 seconds. 

When I call, I get three beeps while the line is ringing, and after the other person answers, it drops after 55 seconds.

When they called me, I heard the same beeps and then the call dropped.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I fix it?

This was NOT an issue in the past, until the weird renewal issue that I had yesterday morning with my account.

36 REPLIES 36

sonician

I've already PM'd the mods, but no one's responded.

I make a call, it rings, there's three loud beeps (which are new to me since the account problem yesterday) just as the call is answered, and 55-57 seconds later the call drops.

I've tried the "lost phone" toggle, I've rebooted my phone, I've powered off my phone, no luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sonician , do you notice any obvious oddities in your account?  Maybe it's worthwhile to have the moderator team do an account checkup to make sure that's not the problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  

In the mean time, I suggest also observing the phone behavior during the phone call.  It's possible the phone had developed a problem leading to spurious network disconnects.

sonician

It's not a hardware issue, the phone has been working fine for months. I don't even have another one to put the SIM into anyway.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can't recall hearing this occur before, maYbe try lost stolen trick, Self-serve plans addons, lost stolen toggle status for a couple minutes.

It seems to act as an account soft reset. 

Can you try sim In a different phone isolate account VS hardware? 

sonician

No, I'm at home, on the same sofa that I call my partner from every night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonician  - Any chance you are currently roaming in the US?  If so, any chance you have more than one add-on that includes talk?  This has been known to cause issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.