cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls dropping after about 55 seconds

sonician
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just had three calls in a row drop after 55-57 seconds. 

When I call, I get three beeps while the line is ringing, and after the other person answers, it drops after 55 seconds.

When they called me, I heard the same beeps and then the call dropped.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I fix it?

This was NOT an issue in the past, until the weird renewal issue that I had yesterday morning with my account.

36 REPLIES 36

LiyKing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LiyKing wrote:

Hi thank you for replying. Yes, I get three beeps. Could you please tell me how I can contact the mods? I am new here and still figuring how to use this site. Thank you.

@LiyKing 

@Moderator_Team < Click this.

LiyKing

Hi thank you for replying. Yes, I get three beeps. Could you please tell me how I can contact the mods? I am new here and still figuring how to use this site. Thank you.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LiyKing  if you have the same issue 3 beeps than disconnection, then you will have the same solution.  Contact mods and ask them to investigate.  

LiyKing

I am facing the same issue. I have an iPhone and recently switched over from Koodo to Public Mobile. Could someone please help me solve this issue? 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thanks @srlawren 🙂 ❤️ 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Mary_M wrote:

Best,

Mary

You sure are, @Mary_M!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hwy @sonician,

I believe that I was able to rectify the issue for you - Can you please power cycle and test ? I've also sent you a private message 🙂

Best,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @sonician,

Rest assured that I'll be looking into this for you asap - please keep your eyes open for a reply shortly.

Regards,

Mary

And @sonician: depending on your notification settings, you might get an email notifying you that you got a private message. Don't reply to that. Come back here and see the red blob above the little envelope in the upper right of this page. Click on it and then click on the subject line to read the entire message.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sonician wrote:

I just had three calls in a row drop after 55-57 seconds. 

When I call, I get three beeps while the line is ringing, and after the other person answers, it drops after 55 seconds.

This was NOT an issue in the past, until the weird renewal issue that I had yesterday morning with my account.

Just out of curiosity... was the plan before and after the same plan?  What plan is it... metered or unlimited talk?

I ask/bring up because on metered talk plans (e.g. one of my lines has the 50 min talk plan), I get the 3 beeps when calling on the last minute (i.e. 49 minutes consumed).

Yours is acting as if the system thinks you only have a minute of talk left, on every call being made.  Very strange indeed...

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sonician,

Rest assured that I'll be looking into this for you asap - please keep your eyes open for a reply shortly.

Regards,

Mary

sonician

I'm now on day four without phone service.

Just sayin'. Love how this all happened the day I just renewed for three more months.

sonician

Just checking to see if there's been any progress on this from the @CS_Agent

I apologize for being persistent, but I'm on call, and currently can't take calls for more than 60 seconds at a time

Thank you

sonician

Anyone from the @CS_Agent able to check the status of this? I've not had reliable phone service now since Monday.

mimmo

You have already messaged the mods, you will just have to wait. It's an account issue as mentioned in the thread that was linked in an earlier post.  Only mods can fix it. 

sonician

I've tried a few different numbers all with the same result, from different phones with the same SIM.

@sonician, is it one number only, or are you trying to call other numbers and getting the same thing??

Are you sure you're calling the right number?  Loud beeps could be a modem or fax machine at the other end, which would disconnect as the handshaking (the beeps) are not being returned by your voice call.

EDIT:  As I've now gone back and have read the entire thread, you're not calling a fax or modem line.  I'm still interested in knowing if you're calling other numbers with the same result.

sonician

I found another phone to put my SIM into, and it's exactly the same thing with it. The call is made, it rings, there's three loud beeps as the call is answered, and then before it hits 60 seconds, the call just drops.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sonician wrote:

As mentioned previously, this is EXACTLY the issue I'm having.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/3-short-beeps-before-every-conversation...

Yeah, I would agree with you... 

Sadly, Moderators will be the ones to fix this... Good luck and hope it's resolved soon for you.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sonician 

so you're waiting to receive a replacement SIM, I assume? Did the mods mention yet that you'll get a replacement?

sonician

sonician

It's not the phone. 100%. 

It has worked perfectly for months before the account screw up on Monday.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sonician wrote:

On my sofa, not near a lake, and not pressing any buttons. It's a Public Mobile issue, not my phone.

I agree this is frustrating... It will get resolved to the best of their abilities...

To rule out your phone (I agree it probably isnt your phone), is there another device that you could throw your SIM in to to test? This would for sure rule out your device.

@sonician wrote:

All they did was "create a ticket" and someone would get back to me in up to 48 hours. 

Really not impressed right now with the customer service. 

You need to be patient, if a ticket was created that is a good sign that you will get you problem resolved.Smiley Happy

sonician

On my sofa, not near a lake, and not pressing any buttons. It's a Public Mobile issue, not my phone.

sonician

All they did was "create a ticket" and someone would get back to me in up to 48 hours. 

Really not impressed right now with the customer service. 

@sonician wrote:

I've already PM'd the mods, but no one's responded.

I make a call, it rings, there's three loud beeps (which are new to me since the account problem yesterday) just as the call is answered, and 55-57 seconds later the call drops.

I've tried the "lost phone" toggle, I've rebooted my phone, I've powered off my phone, no luck.

@sonicianWhen you contacted the moderators did you give them your SIM card number? If not, maybe be proactive and send another private message with that info and ask them to reset your account.

@sonician  a écrit :

I am hoping someone from the @CS_Agent can help tonight so this doesn't continue into tomorrow!

Be patient the waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated

sonician

I am hoping someone from the @CS_Agent can help tonight so this doesn't continue into tomorrow!

Need Help? Let's chat.