cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls directly go to voice mail

qhy232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm using S7 edge (sub-model G935W Canada), and I'm having this issue when I could not receive phone calls and they just directly went to my voicemail.

Here is how it happened:

It seemed to happen only when:

1. It was after 8:00 PM; (if this is the case then it gotta have sth to do with my phone setting)

2. The two calls were both made from outside Canada.

Here is the plan I paid for:

Pick & Pay
  • - 3 Choices
  • - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

And I was told by my collegue who introduced me to PublicMobile that his phone works fine under the exactly same plan.

So could  anyone help me to confirm if I need to activate or open any service offered by public mobile at all or it was simply due to my own phone settings?

Thanks,

Joe

10 REPLIES 10

lspring

Thank you for the feedback. Forwarding the calls to the landline is a good option. But, my son has a koodo plan and his cell phone works in this area. Koodo uses the same network.

sswilson

@lspring wrote:

Ooutgoing calls work from those locations with this cell.

That happens with the bell phone I mentioned earlier. I'm guessing the connection is intermittant so incoming calls don't get connected but for outgoing the phone sees a good enough connection to work.

Not sure what to suggest other than to check the bars on your phone in locations where you've had problems and if they're low and it's an area where you need reception then the bell/telus network might not be for you.

Changing networks wasn't an option for me with the duty phone so what I ultimately ended up doing was forwarding calls from the duty phone to my landline whenever I was home.

lspring

Ooutgoing calls work from those locations with this cell.

sswilson

Maybe you're in a dead zone? Can you make outgoing calls from the locations where folks are being directed to VM?

I have a Bell duty phone I use and it does this when I'm in my basement with low reception... maddening thing is that I'm able to get the VM notification immediately even though voice calls don't go through.

lspring

No I did not port any number to this account. And,  phone calls made to my PM number were from landlines and from other cell-phones. Pne cell phone was signed up with Koodo.

It might be key that on few occasions people were able to make calls to my cell phone without directly going to voicemail.

I did not do anything different for calls to go through. But, that was temporary.

The phone has been turned on and off a few times so far. I tried to see if there was anyting in the phone settings but there wasn't.

I looked at some of the other posts and here is some more detail.

-I did not block any number

-I am in the city where I have activated the account

-the phone is new

Thank you for your reply.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lspring did you port a phone number over from a previous provider?  If so, how long ago did you initiate the port request?  Did you receive a text that the port had completed?  Did you reboot your phone after that and test again?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lspring

I have a new account and use a new phone number from PM. The phone is brand new ASUS. Here, incoming calls also go directly to voicemail while incoming texts are not received.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @qhy232, I noticed you have marked this solved.  Out of curiosity, were you able to actually fix the issue?  If not, is it possible you've enabled a scheduled "do not disturb" feature on your phone that starts around 8PM daily?  Some phones have this feature, though not all do.  I don't have an S7 but if you're still having trouble, could you find out your Android version (you may have recently been upgraded to Android 7.x Nougat, or you might still be on Android 6.x Marshmallow) and we can try to figure out if that feature exists on the phone and where you might manage it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

qhy232

Thanks for confirming.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I can confirm it is not a Public Mobile setting; as long as you are in your home province you can receive incoming calls from anywhere. Is there any chance you have blocked their numbers?

Sorry, can't help much with your phone settings though; more familiar with iPhones.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.