cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call quality

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Since switching from fido to public mobile my boyfriend's call quality has deteriorated. It's scratchy, hard to hear or garbled. He has a 2018 galaxy s7. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

37 REPLIES 37

Sorry autocorrect meant volte

In reference to this post concerning an iPhone (sorry haven't figured out the tagging thing yet) has anyone experienced this with a Samsung s7 from fido. Sounds like voice may be the problem with my boyfriend's phone since switching to pm. Not long after switching and fido called him to ask why....they should have called me...the account holder another one of fidos issues.  His phone call quality deteriorated....refered to this in phones and hardware but no one mentioned this...curious to your opinions.

Good idea because we are generally in the same areas and I don't have issues with my phone on pm. I'll get back to you on it as a solution.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Since switching from fido to public mobile my boyfriend's call quality has deteriorated. It's scratchy, hard to hear or garbled. He has a 2018 galaxy s7. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Could be 3g tower congestion in your area. Is it bad everywhere?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@darliciousThere could be geographic / radio tower issues if you live outside urban areas where there are more Rogers towers vs Bellus.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

How is the signal where he is using it? PM network shouldn't be poor like that... so something must be wrong. Sounds

like freedom mobile instead

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you swap Sims with him and test that will help isolate account VS hardware issues. 

Need Help? Let's chat.