cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurenluo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone automatic make call to a number to use up minutes

I checked my usage history and find there are many times outgoing call to a number 3065804001, that used up my minutes. It is like a hidden hand to use my phone. Each time it lasts only few seconds, less than 10 second. Is there someone has this experience? And who made this bug?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phone automatic make call to a number to use up minutes

@laurenluo wrote:

I checked my usage history and find there are many times outgoing call to a number 3065804001, that used up my minutes. It is like a hidden hand to use my phone. Each time it lasts only few seconds, less than 10 second. Is there someone has this experience? And who made this bug?

This is a voicemail number.  I'm uncertain if this is a retrieval or deposit number.  Outgoing calls shown going to this number could be people calling you being directed to your voice messaging system.  Those types of calls are not supposed to count as usages against your 50 minutes.

If you call with your cell phone to check your voice messages, these minutes should/do count.

View solution in original post

All Replies

@laurenluo wrote:

This is a voicemail number.  I'm uncertain if this is a retrieval or deposit number.  Outgoing calls shown going to this number could be people calling you being directed to your voice messaging system.  Those types of calls are not supposed to count as usages against your 50 minutes.

If you call with your cell phone to check your voice messages, these minutes should/do count.

View solution in original post

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This is a forwarded call that you didn’t answer, or didn’t ring, being sent to your voicemail. You will not incur a charge for this,

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I believe that is the voice mail number, checking your voice mail does use minutes.

If it's not voicemail it could be an app that you have given permission to monitor/make calls.
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@laurenluo wrote:

The usage screen will show all calls happening in or out including call forwarding which voicemail uses. If you're on the $10 plan then only the front overview count matters. And as mentioned...people leaving messages don't count.

Lieux
Oracle

But if you want to check your vocal message you can use your home phone with this number and it will not count on your 50 minutes @laurenluo

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

But if you want to check your vocal message you can use your home phone with this number and it will not count on your 50 minutes @laurenluo

Simply call your mobile number from your landline and press star(*) and they prompt you to input PIN number. Retrieve voicemail messages without counting towards your 50 minutes.

Rao

My minutes are being used by this phone number 6045804001 as well, I have already lost about 30 minutes . Please help me to stop this from my phone

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Rao  hi that is you checking your voicemail you must be on a limited minute plan you can check your voicemail from a landline or other phone for free

Rao

Is there anyway I can cancel my voice mail, I really don't need that

Need Help? Let's chat.