cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Phone advice

@will13am 

I haven't tested the camera out yet....am I going to get that stupid watermark on all my pics?

Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

I haven't tested the camera out yet....am I going to get that stupid watermark on all my pics?

The GCam port I am using looks totally clean to me.   I see an option to add a OnePlus watermark on the stock camera app.  

Mayor / Maire

@will13am nice! you need to try astro mode 👌. how's that 90hz refresh rate 😉. after seeing 90hz I can't go back to 60. it looks so stuttery... I leave 90hz enabled at all times. great purchase for $300! have fun messing around with it!

Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 

I expect to see some stunning shots of the aurora borealis tonight. I will be trying out the new camera/phone but there's a lot to learn in one day......

@will13am 

Aha.....found the watermark option. An option thankfully ....and one i dont want!

Oracle

@gpixel4 wrote:

@will13am nice! you need to try astro mode 👌. how's that 90hz refresh rate 😉. after seeing 90hz I can't go back to 60. it looks so stuttery... I leave 90hz enabled at all times. great purchase for $300! have fun messing around with it!

The higher refresh rate is nice.  I am not sure I am ready to say I cannot tolerate 60 Hz anymore.  The AMOLED is very good of course.  I have not used an AMOLED phone since the Nexus S.  All in all, this was a good buy.  I bought the OnePlus One for the same money.  

Mayor / Maire

@will13am ya, stay away from those umigidi's

@darlicious apparently, there's a high chance we're not going to see it... 

driving to porteau cove would be pretty nice though

Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 

Porteau cove would be a great place to see it from....and have a nice campfire to boot! I get free camping there....if you can get a site. Socked in by fog last night so its certainly hit and miss.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Galaxy A10/A30/A70 - Samsung‘s budget line up, good build quality all under $500. 

Pixle 4a - Google mid tier phone with good low light camera, fast firmware updates. 

iPhone SE - if you want to switch over to Apple. Slightly over $500, but you can save a little bit with educational or epp discount. 

Used phone market - proceed with caution, sometimes you get a dud. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are facing any software related issues in smartphones like application stopped working, boot loop issues, phone not working, IMEI issues, you need to download a firmware file. By using this file, you will get back your phone in factory format.

https://firmwareflashfiles.com/micromax-a106/

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Asus Zenfone 5 is a bit like the OnePlus 6. It looks and feels similar to a more expensive phone and has impressive tech inside, but is fairly affordable. You get a rich 6.2-inch screen, a mid-range Qualcomm chipset and generally capable cameras that let you take normal and ultra-wide shots.

Need Help? Let's chat.