cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Phone advice

@Jb456 wrote:

@will13am  Thanks William! I'll try tomorrow. Live chat is closed now.

Screenshot_20201128_195844.jpg

Sale ends at midnight.  😥

Oracle

Folks, I have been going over the xda threads on how to mod the T-Mobile edition of the OnePlus 7t into a regular global model.  People have reported that they got the T-Mobile deal from B&H and discovered it to actually be the global model.  So no modding required.  

Mayor / Maire

that's a really good offer. people are selling their 7ts for $550 used on Craigslist

Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

@Ultrahub wrote:

Thanks will13am.

No issues coming across the border? Any duties charged?

B&H does a lot of business in Canada.  Their shipping process across the border is super trouble free.  For $1USD service charge, they will remit the HST to the Canadian government on your behalf so the item crosses the border seamlessly.  During checkout, you can opt to not have them process the taxes in which case you can do the paperwork to get the item through customs and pay taxes yourself.  Electronics do not have duty.  

@will13am 

Are you recommending doing this yourself and remitting the taxes later? If so what does this entail?  Seroiusly considering the Moto G plus for US$119 today......

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Ultrahub wrote:

Thanks will13am.

No issues coming across the border? Any duties charged?

B&H does a lot of business in Canada.  Their shipping process across the border is super trouble free.  For $1USD service charge, they will remit the HST to the Canadian government on your behalf so the item crosses the border seamlessly.  During checkout, you can opt to not have them process the taxes in which case you can do the paperwork to get the item through customs and pay taxes yourself.  Electronics do not have duty.  

@will13am 

Are you recommending doing this yourself and remitting the taxes later? If so what does this entail?  Seroiusly considering the Moto G plus for US$119 today......

@darlicious Anytime i have ordered online from the states and taxes/duties were not collected at time of purchase and the item was shipped USPS / Canadapost,  Canada customs (depending on the value) sends a "bill" with Canada Post and they collect it upon delivery adding a $5 service charge. Careful if it's sent by some couriers as you may get a bill from them AFTER delivery for brokerage fees. I always try and get stuff shipped USPS.

Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

So best to just pay at check out?

Duties & Taxes

Duties:$3.08GST:$6.15PST:$8.62Carrier Surcharge:$1.00Total:$18.85

Duty?  I s it not duty free? I'm assuming the tax portion is cdn $ with the $US 119 converted to cdn $.

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

@darlicious Depends. I have had occasions where, because of the value (i think it was less than $200 but it's been awhile) where they didn't bother with a bill for taxes. YMMV

Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

Ive never purchased from a US retailer so all new to me.

Mayor / Maire

@

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Duties & Taxes

Duties:$3.08GST:$6.15PST:$8.62Carrier Surcharge:$1.00Total:$18.85

Duty?  I s it not duty free? I'm assuming the tax portion is cdn $ with the $US 119 converted to cdn $.

@darlicious I may use the word "duty" to mean anything payable when it comes across the border. Ignore that, I can't remember the last time I had to pay actual duty on anything.

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Ive never purchased from a US retailer so all new to me.

@darlicious B&H and me are friends lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.