cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Randomly Losing Service

Bvriends20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now. My phone seems to be randomly losing service from time to time. Unable to text, use data, etc. However when I try and call someone, I somehow get full service and the call goes through but then goes back to no service. I've tried every trick in the book, Turning the phone on and off, popping the SIM card in and out. If anyone has a fix to my problem just give me a shout! Would really appreciate it thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Not sure whether you have another extra cellphone around.  Switch your SIM card to another phone to see whether it is a problem with Public Mobile/SIM card versus your present phone.  Sounds like a hardware problem. 

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Bvriends20 wrote:

Hi there, I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now. My phone seems to be randomly losing service from time to time. Unable to text, use data, etc. However when I try and call someone, I somehow get full service and the call goes through but then goes back to no service. I've tried every trick in the book, Turning the phone on and off, popping the SIM card in and out. If anyone has a fix to my problem just give me a shout! Would really appreciate it thanks!

Hi @Bvriends20 I’ve been told iPhone cases with metal on them can interfere with reception. Did you recently get a new case?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine does this daily, sometimes hours at a time. You are likely like me, a bit too far from the nearest Bell/Telus tower. My newest Kijiji phone (LG G Flex) seems to work better than the borrowed iPhone 5s I had but still has those issues. I'm curious how the weather has been in your area for the last couple of weeks. Has the weather been bad? I noticed that I tend to have more trouble maintaining a signal when it is raining heavily. With that said, at least when you make a call your service comes back, mine doesn't do that. 

Another question I have is if you dropped your phone or otherwise tortured the device a few weeks ago. If picking it up and attempting to dial out makes it work properly for a little while, I am wondering how your antenna line is doing. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an iPhone 6s and haven't had any service issues in my 7 months with PM

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone do you have? An iPhone? I have an iPhone and I've had the same problems for months now. Nothing I can do. I need to live with it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bvriends20, it sounds like your phone is acting up.  If the duration was relatively short, I would suggest a local service outage is possible.  No network issue goes unsolved for this long as the number of customers impacted would be large.  Was this problem occurring only in the past few weeks?  If not, maybe you are in an area that has not so good coverage.  All networks have coverage holes here and there. 

BTW, what model of phone are we dealing with here?

Need Help? Let's chat.