cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Network "Searching"

kkb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't change anything with my phone and saw that 4 hours ago, someone contacted me on messenger to say their texts to me were bouncing. I looked at the top bar on my phone where i should say "Public Mobile" and it just says "searching". I've restarted my phone 3x with no change. I have not changed any settings or other things that would have disconnected my service. I saw no outages in the Public Mobile service map and I asked my husband who also has a phone service with Public Mobile and his is working fine. 

11 REPLIES 11

Ensure the problem phone has all cellular bands/modes enabled, and carrier is set to automatic, and not manually set to another carrier like Rogers.

Ie if phone is set for 2G/GSM/EDGE it will say no network found, or try to register on Rogers who does.

For Public Mobile, it should be set to  both 3G/WCDMA/HSPA + LTE.

@gblackma  Ah, ok, that explains your previous comments about the battery then. When I had mentioned A3S, and you piped up that the battery was kind of lacking, you obviously didn't notice the "S" on the model name. While no HUGE difference, there IS a difference, i.e. the A3 has a 3300mAh battery, whereas the A3S has 3950mAh, so if your Mom goes 2 days between charges, theoretically, I should easily go that long with the A3S..... maybe more, given my phone usage habits.

@gblackma  And the question about your Mom's phone.....

@CannonFodder  that's easy, I mixed this one up with another one with a similar problem that said it's been happening for around 3 months.

@gblackma wrote:

@kkb there's a wire loose somewhere, probably your antenna connection. Did you drop your phone sometime 3 months ago?

Ok, I just HAVE TO ask..... the OP figured it out, and now it works, but where did you get "3 months" from? 🤔  That, and unless I overlooked it, I don't think you ever replied when I asked about your Mom's phone..... you know, which model it is..... A3 or A3S.

kkb

Reset network settings and it worked. Thanks for your input. 

[Sometimes it's the simplest solution ........ Luddite]

@kkb there's a wire loose somewhere, probably your antenna connection. Did you drop your phone sometime 3 months ago?

kkb

So when I put my SIM in my husband's phone, it works...so what would be wrong with my phone if it started doing this suddenly without me changing anything?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kkb wrote:

I didn't change anything with my phone and saw that 4 hours ago, someone contacted me on messenger to say their texts to me were bouncing. I looked at the top bar on my phone where i should say "Public Mobile" and it just says "searching". I've restarted my phone 3x with no change. I have not changed any settings or other things that would have disconnected my service. I saw no outages in the Public Mobile service map and I asked my husband who also has a phone service with Public Mobile and his is working fine. 

@kkb  Try your sim in your husband's phone. If it works the the problem is with your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kkb did your plan renew recently? Thanks. You could try manually selecting PM as your network, place your phone in aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, take it off and restart your phone. Turn it off wait 30 seconds and restart it. Let us know if it didn't work. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.