cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone # Displayed in phone info is different from phone # Ported in!

GSATV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Folks,

So, I've just recently switched back over to PM after paying those OUTRAGEOUS fees with my other carrier and brought my s10+ over with me!

Here's the scoop: Purchased SIM Card, created account under a temporary #, and either that evening or the morning after, I ported in my Fido #.  I have a home business, so usually my phone is going off the hook. Therefore, I feel as though there may be an issue?

I received the text from PM stating that my number porting has been successful, however, when I go into the "about phone" to verify things have indeed been changed over, it's still displaying my "temporary PM phone #" as the # that's provisioned to the phone.  I have done several soft and hard reboots, pulled the SIM out, and just about everything and anything in between... I'm not sure if this is just some sort of glitch.  From what I know, my texts are being sent out, and I have no issues receiving calls **that I know of!

I'm going to fire this post off to tech support email, if that still exists, but in the meantime I was hoping a mod or someone of the likes can indeed verify that the porting process is complete and sucessful and that I need not to worry.

Thank You! 

*****One other quick question: Does anyone know how to 1) Change the username that's displayed here? 2) Ensure that this username is indeed linked to my new account for rewards? This profile is quite old, maybe 4-5 years old. Just wanted to verify! Cheers!****

30 REPLIES 30
Need Help? Let's chat.