cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Data won't work

Justkeeptrying5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Uploaded my account 1 week prior to due date.  

Got a message warning of possible  fraudulent activity.  Changed account password with another divice.  Phone still won't work.  Resarted devices.  

I don't know what to do to make this work.

Thank you.  Would be very much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Justkeeptrying5

Page times out unfortunately.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justkeeptrying5 wrote:

Account balance is $60.00

Switched sim card into another device that also runs on Public Mobile with updated browser.  Still no luck.  The sim card from my sons account works in my device and not in his.  

What model/submodel is that Samsung?

What program is running that puts that N on the top bar?

Can you get to any other sites with the browser?

Edit: Was that the fraudulent message you mentioned?

Maybe you have set too stringent of security options on the phone.

If you fully type in the following in your browser address box:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

does it let you?

@Justkeeptrying5Just to elaborate a bit more.. the error you had provided shows that your browser does not support the latest set of security certificates required to see encrypted pages. Since encrypted pages are more common than not (eg CBC, CTV etc all defaults to encrypted pages).. you pretty much need a latest browser (and phone operatering system) to see it.

There are a few non encrypted pages you can try eg http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ if that works. and you want other websites to work you pretty much have to upgrade your phone.

You can also try to click on the more link in your picture.. some browsers allow you to by pass the error message at your own peril of course.

@Justkeeptrying5 wrote:

Switched sim card into another device that also runs on Public Mobile with updated browser.  Still no luck.  The sim card from my sons account works in my device and not in his.  

@Justkeeptrying5  if that is the case then there is a problem with your son's phone. What type of phone is it?

Justkeeptrying5

Justkeeptrying5

Thank you I'll try that out

Much appreciated 

@Justkeeptrying5That indicates you need a newer browser. It doesn't look like a Public Mobile's problem.. in fact it seems your data is working.

Justkeeptrying5

15633903010534341990571614940777.jpg

I changed the password on my Public Mobile account without any luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justkeeptrying5 wrote:

Data still not working. Public mobile message on phone. (Possibly fraudulent activity).  Money added to plan 5 days prior to due date. Do I need to purchase a new sim card?  Chance username? Already changed password still not working.

There are a lot more questions from experienced users that you could answer.

Who does the message appear to be from?

As for data, please review all the helpful posts above and answer some questions. Did you at least get yourself into the queue to the moderators?

Justkeeptrying5

Data still not working. Public mobile message on phone. (Possibly fraudulent activity).  Money added to plan 5 days prior to due date. Do I need to purchase a new sim card?  Chance username? Already changed password still not working.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Justkeeptrying5   the most common problems with data are:

1) ran out of data.  does teh data addon show in the addon section?

2) incorrect apn setting (usually an issue with new phones or new accounts)

what phone are you using?  some (LG) require a netword or factory reset for example

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Justkeeptrying5 Who did you receive a message from about fraudulent activity? What do you mean you uploaded your account? Do you mean you put funds onto your account? What plan are your on? Did you run out of minutes/texts? Adding funds to your account doesn't renew your plan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Justkeeptrying5 

Login to your self-serve account.

What is your account status? active, expired or suspended?

When is your payment due date showing at the top of you overivew page.

If active, you may need to do a network reset and restart your phone to get the data working again.

If expired or suspended, you need to get topup voucher to reacitvate your account or update your autopay credit card.

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where do you see possible fraudulent activity message? On your phone? In an app? On your public mobile account page?

Annick_B

Hello,

Have you tried using another sim within the same phone that is in question and using the Public Mobile Sim in a different phone to verify the functionality?

Keep me posted.

Need Help? Let's chat.