cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility

Connor_Wilde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can some one confirm for me that this phone is compatible?

Asus 5.5" Qualcomm Snapdragon423 2 GB LPDDR3 16 GB eMCP Android 8.0 Black Zenfone

I'm looking at it at staples, but I can't seem to find it on the compatibility chart

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

DPyro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to this post there is a beta version of Android 10 available. Specs wise it will work fine on the Telus network.

@Anonymous wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@Connor_Wilde from the staples website it seems to have the correct frequencies to work with Public mobile.

Oh sure...go to the vendor's site why doncha. 🙂 Asus's site wasn't very helpful. Nor gsmarena, nor willmyphonework. Jeez.

There you go then Connor_Wilde.

I tend to to think that the manufactuer's website would be the most accurate, although manufactuerers sometimes do make mistake on their websites as well. Specifcially, when this model shows up on the Asus Canada website, that's a very good indication that this device is officially sold at a Canadian retailers. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Connor_Wilde  Better to look for a phone that is running a newer version of Android.

https://www.costco.ca/unlocked-cellular-phones.html?refine=ads_fbrand_ntk_cs%253A%2522Motorola%2522|

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Connor_Wilde from the staples website it seems to have the correct frequencies to work with Public mobile.

Oh sure...go to the vendor's site why doncha. 🙂 Asus's site wasn't very helpful. Nor gsmarena, nor willmyphonework. Jeez.

There you go then Connor_Wilde.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

https://www.staples.ca/products/2970885-en-asus-55-qualcomm-snapdragon425-2-gb-lpddr3-16-gb-emcp-and...

pm frequencies.jpeg

3G Bands Supported4G LTE Bands Supported

UMTS(WCDMA) Band 1/2/4/5/6/8

FDD-LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/28

@Connor_Wilde wrote:

ZA550KLS4252G16

I am unsure exactly which variant that is, but I can tell you that there are reportedly four different variants of the Asus ZenFone Live (L1).  According to Asus, you'll want to get what they call the "D" version.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Phone/ZenFone-Live-L1/Tech-Specs/

If you purchase from an authorized Canadian retailer, you're almost certain to get this variant that is good for the Public Mobile network. Please note that thrid party sellers on Walmart, Best Buy, Newegg, and Amazon website often are not authorized resllers and sometimes sell imports of variants intended to be normally sold in other regions around the world.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Connor_Wilde wrote:

ZA550KLS4252G16

From what I can find, it looks a little light on frequencies PM runs on. You might have spotty reception now and again. Maybe look elsewhere. But nor am I the definitive authority on that. 🙂

Connor_Wilde

or is this the model number? 

Asus ZA550KL-S425-2G16G-BK

I'm not sure what I'm looking at

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Connor_Wilde

ZA550KLS4252G16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Connor_Wilde wrote:

Hi, can some one confirm for me that this phone is compatible?

Asus 5.5" Qualcomm Snapdragon423 2 GB LPDDR3 16 GB eMCP Android 8.0 Black Zenfone

I'm looking at it at staples, but I can't seem to find it on the compatibility chart

Thank you!

Do you have a full model number?

It's likely compatible. Why would a retailer sell a product that won't work for at least 2 of the three big carriers in its market?

Need Help? Let's chat.