Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility Enquiry

Lyuh1945
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To whom this concerns:

Greetings,

May I please ask whether a Doro 824 is compatible to any of the Public Mobile pkans?

I look forward to receiving a reply.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, 

Bak Yongho

37 REPLIES 37

Paganini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Generally, you may.
I am assuming that you are owning a phone which is already unlocked.  Once it is unlocked, the phone must be unlocked permanently.

It means that it is exactly same as a normal unlocked phone like factory unlocked phone.

If your concern is that your phone was locked phone, it does not matter.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

To whom this concerns:

I appreciate your reply.

I have found out that I had unlocked it a long time ago.

May I now please ask whether Public Mobile offers an international call plan?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, 

Bak Yongho

The plans don't have international calling built-in but you can buy an add-on for that.
It's 400 international minutes for $15 and that rolls over every month until used. Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela

Lyuh1945
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To whom this concerns:

I appreciate your reply.

I have found out that I had unlocked it a long time ago.

May I now please ask whether Public Mobile offers an international call plan?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, 

Bak Yongho

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

To whom this concerns:

Greetings,

May I please ask whether a Doro 824 is compatible to any of the Public Mobile pkans?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, 

Bak Yongho

@Lyuh1945  The phone has the required 3G bands for talk and text. It also supports most of the LTE bands the only one missing is band 7. Just make sure that it is the unlocked version because for example if you purchase the Bell version it will be locked to Bell.

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

If you get a Doro 824 that was intended to be sold in the Canadian market, yes, it is compatible.  Bell Mobility has sold this model before, and that is how I know that it's compatible with Public Mobile.  However, make sure to double-check the exact version/model number of the device you are planning to get because some manufactuers market different variants of models, and sometimes, only some of them are compatible.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lyuh1945 wrote:

To whom this concerns:

Greetings,

Thank you.

Yours sincerely, 

Bak Yongho

It should work! But make sure it's unlocked. The carrier you bought it from will unlock it for free.

You can check the model here (I didn't see it but it may go by another name): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started
Check the IMEI as well just to be sure!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to check your phone specs.

Public Mobile utilizes the following frequency bands:
4G LTE and LTE Advanced
700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS)
HSPA
850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)

This information is indicative only. Your device's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your device. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your device will work on our mobile network.

Some international grey market devices may only be able to support hardware connection to some radio frequencies and not others. In these cases, the phone won’t work in the areas with incompatible frequencies.

Need Help? Let's chat.