cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatable

LiveYourWow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Think I will take advantage of the great $60 plan and switch after a 8 years with wind/freedom. Recently replaced a phone while on the road with a LG Phoenix3, Is it fully compatable with Public Mobile?  The comaptability site indicates only the older 1st generation Phoenix.

4 REPLIES 4

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LiveYourWow

This isn't an answer to your specific question, but some advice because if you wish to port your number from Wind to Public Mobile, don't let Wind know or close your account. Your account needs to be active in order to port the number.  When you activate your Sim at Public Mobile, you can put in the request to get a new number or port your number. They will contact Wind to release the number to them. 

Please note at first, you will be able to make calls and texts from your phone w/ activated Sim with Public mobile but calls and texts will go to your Wind sim until they release the number to PM.  It can take a few hours for a port, up to a few days. You will receive a text from PM once the port is successful. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LiveYourWow wrote:

Think I will take advantage of the great $60 plan and switch after a 8 years with wind/freedom. Recently replaced a phone while on the road with a LG Phoenix3, Is it fully compatable with Public Mobile?  The comaptability site indicates only the older 1st generation Phoenix.

If you have a LG M150 Phoenix 3 LTE, it should work with PM according to the supported bands for 3G and LTE in the following link.  

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/5N43FXn/lg-m150-phoenix-3-lte/public-mobile-can...

Make sure you have the LG M150 Phoenix 3 LTE version.

GR
Mayor / Maire

If the 1st generation works the 3rd should. You can also check willmyphonework.net    I believe it is and it's more accurate and list more phones than the public mobile site

@LiveYourWow wrote:

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check the phone specs. Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands: 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

Need Help? Let's chat.