cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatability

Bruddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a motog8 plus. Does it work on Public Mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

Bruddy

Good news! The phone is working fine now. It appears it may have been a temporary routing problem. Thank you for your support.

Bruddy

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have tried everything suggested and I still cannot receive incoming calls. I've opened up a ticket with a moderator.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you virging sim does not work (account closed). Then it's an activation/provisioning  issue with public.

Only mods can help.

You could try lost stolen trick, but I dont think it will have any effect.

srlawren

@Bruddy if there's anyone you need to get ahold of you urgently, you may want to set up a free Fongo, TextNow, or Talkatone account with a local phone number and give it to your important contacts to get ahold of you temporarily until this is sorted out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Bruddy if you temporarily put your Virgin mobile SIM into the phone, do you get any service with it?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bruddy

gblackma - I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile. The SIM now works but only with outgoing calls. When I call the cell number I get a message that the number is not in service. Text messages work both outgoing and incoming. I tried the SIM in another phone and it's the same thing in the other phone. I also tried all of your suggestions. The phone is showing Public Mobile and the mobile network. The SIM card is showing the phone number. 

@Bruddy wrote:

gblackma - Thank you for your response. I signed up 24  hours ago and still no service. It looks like it should work. I'll contact PM again for assistance.

@Bruddy 

As your wait for moderator response, maybe some more details about your situation may be helpful.  We may be offer some suggestions to start your service again.

Ie. Did you port your number over?  or new number?

Does anything work?  outgoing text or calls?

What does your phone show ?

Another thing to try is to put the PM Sim card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue/setup  or PM service problem.  

@Bruddy Did you port a number? You can try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
My settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Bruddy

gblackma - Thank you for your response. I signed up 24  hours ago and still no service. It looks like it should work. I'll contact PM again for assistance.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bruddy if these are the phones bands then yes it will work on PM.

Networks

UK
LTE: 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600 MHz
UMTS: 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Data: GPRS, EDGE, HSUPA, HSPA+, LTE

I got them off of this site https://www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/motorola-moto-g8-plus/#specs

Need Help? Let's chat.