cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Phone Calls dropping after sometime.

Ok, at least I know it's not my new phone! It's been happening to both myself and my mom all day (both on PM).

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also experiecning very frequent call dropping. Trying to have a conversation with my friend and in the last hour it has dropped four times! 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My calls dropped atleast 5 times today .. it was annoying and i finally forwarded all calls to my Fongo number and using that from the morning..  I will wait for my plan to come to an end this month and will be moving over to Lucky Mobile .. THis is such a joke .. I cannot believe PM cannot get this resolved and it has taken over 3 weeks for them just to acknowledge the issue is with their network .. I have lived in 4 different countries and have been using mobiles for the last 21 years and have never seen anything like this .. which is so slow to resolve such a critical issue. 

There are more issues with public mobile .. read the link below. What the hell r these jokers doing ??

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/05/03/public-mobile-outage-no-official-repsonse/

I think its going to be a month now for the drop calls issue as some on this thread noticed it happening about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Still no solution in sight. All they say is they are working on it. Thats just not acceptable. Either public mobile has to compensate us big time for this or we are moving to another provider. Just does not make sense to go throigh this crap when there are better options for the same price. @Moderator_Team  its up to you now. 

Mayor / Maire

@joelmine wrote:

I think its going to be a month now for the drop calls issue as some on this thread noticed it happening about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Still no solution in sight. All they say is they are working on it. Thats just not acceptable. Either public mobile has to compensate us big time for this or we are moving to another provider. Just does not make sense to go throigh this crap when there are better options for the same price. @Moderator_Team  its up to you now. 

You've previously let everyone know you were leaving PM when your current plan ran out. Are you now saying you'll stay if PM compensates you "big time" ? Let us all know how you like your next cell provider then.

I don't think threats like that really help you here...but you never know, eh.

That depends on what the compensation is. But yes i will be moving out. Cause this can happen again and there is no call centre too with PM.. al other competetors like chatr, lucky mobile etc al have call centers which make it much easier to register a complaint. 

Mayor / Maire

@joelmine wrote:

That depends on what the compensation is. But yes i will be moving out. Cause this can happen again and there is no call centre too with PM.. al other competetors like chatr, lucky mobile etc al have call centers which make it much easier to register a complaint. 

@joelmine, you maybe should have done your due diligence before you signed up with PM and you'd have known beforehand that there's no call center.

I'll be honest with you...this past few weeks was definately an anomoly. I'm sure there's still cell phones that are bricks. As a rule though, once your service has been established with PM, it's a pretty stable cell provider...not withstanding the last month or so. There's going to be variations in service depending on location, the weather, ...could be any reason.  I've been here for a couple of years now and can say I don't regret my choice in cell providers. The PM Community of problem solvers are rich with solutions and ideas to a majority of issues that arise. You stick around for 90 days and I think you'll prolly be glad you did.

Good luck wherever you land up.

@hairbag1 i did my due diligence and knew they did not have a call center but thought exactly like you .. what could go wrong once the account is setup.  But .. when i ported my number my porting was not done correctly and it took about 3 days to be resolved .. i did not have a phone for 3 days ... then after 2 months after the porting .. everything was well when suddenly 1 day i woke up and had no service .. i again raised a ticket .. and they got bac to me in 2 days and said there was something wrong with their systems .. and then resolved it .. again i was without a phone for 2 days .. and then now this ... so in the last year alone i have had 3 different issues .. i have never had anything like this every before .. i have used many different providers in different countries for the last 22 years .. and have paid a fraction of the cost i am paying public mobile .. cause canada has the highest wireless costs in the world .. So paying so much when compared to the rest of the world .. you would atleast expect your service to work normally.. but no ..    And the porting issue is not me only .. i have seen so many people complain about the porting issue on these forums .. so there is something definitely wrong ... when people say .. you get what you pay for .. well .. i am paying the highest rates in the world .. (it maybe the cheapest in canada with PM) but still i am not getting what i paid for .. if service is to be like this then PM needs to slash their costs by 90% ... then i would not complain .. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last night I had no dropped calls, fingers crossed that this issue is resolved