cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls dropping after sometime.

joelmine
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Any calls i make or even receive are dropping after sometime. THis is very random and happens at anytime. Started happening since yesterday. Before that it was working fine without any issues. I just hear a beep and the calls disconnects. Please look into my account to see what the issue is. 

92 REPLIES 92

PlanShopper
Totally agree that it could be Bell (I'm in Ontario), or other providers as well. That said, when I escalated, they refused to pass it up the chain because everything looked fine and they were convinced it was my hardware. That was the message I got from Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Blaming the user is always the easiest option, but rarely the right one. So, while I desperately hope that that are looking into it, I highly doubt it based on my experience. They seemed to have little interest in actually investigating or listening to what I was explaining, rather than trying to convince me that it was my fault.

This forum generally only gets reports of issues, you rarely see good news stories here.

Yes, there's an issue, and Yes, PM should be (and I think are) aware of this.

Most importantly, they should be addressing it.

This could be an issue with Bell also - as the network is shared across the country by both companies.  I don't recall anyone saying it's localized or not.  Generally, towers west of Ontario are Telus, Bell is Ontario to the east.  MTS and SaskTel have some in Sask and Manitoba.

PlanShopper

Maybe that's the exact ploy they're after...recruit people with very enticing plans to ake them away from Bell/Rogers/Virgin/Lucky etc etc, then screw them on service until they get frustrated and go to their "sister brand" Koodo.  Then, that inflates Koodo's user base, because no one cares about or reports on the recruitment numbers for PM/Lucky/Fizz etc.  They care about the big 3....

I'm starting to think you may be correct...

joelmine

Planshopper you are right. I think we all need to give in complains to the CRTC .. pleasd do and i will be doing the same too ..  and any other on this thread please do too. 

joelmine

If you look at the last year. They were coming up with deals all the time to get as many users as possible. But in the last month they suddenly stopped all deals and even increased their prices on new subscriptions since the did not want more users. Now they try and frustrate the existing users and give them deals on Koodo .. So eventually everyone from PM moves to Koodo .. This is a very smart marketing strategy ..  Its just impossible that they have these issues on their network affecting so many users and the are unable to do anything about it for so long .. And they are using Telus network .. so how come Telus users dont see any issues and its just PM ? 

PlanShopper
I wonder if it would be worthwhile to contact the CRTC or the Ombudsman...if a few of us do it, they might have to investigate further and could get caught up in the legalities if it is a ploy to ditch users.

The thing I don't understand is, if they were trying to ditch users...why? They are actively growing the service and deploying kiosks....why get rid of their existing user base?

joelmine

I think they are doing this purposly as they want everyone to switch to Koodo and charge more. This must be their marketing strategy .. So do not go to Koodo or Telus ever .. If a company can stoop so low to frustratate users like this they should never be trusted. 

Even when i told them that there are many users complaining of the same issue they were asking if i can reset my device .. They dont care about putting us through so much inconvenience to achieve their cheap goals .. Am going to port out all 3 accounts of PM in my house .. this is the worst thing i have ever seen a company do .. and i have used mobiles in 5 different countries on a long term basis. 

PlanShopper

I raised a ticket almost 3 weeks ago and spoke with 1st and 2nd line techs over the last couple weeks.  They indicated that it was my hardware (across 5 different devices btw - Iphone 7, LG G6, Pixel XL, Essential, and  Galaxy S3).  Convenient that ALL of my phones are having the same issue.  I documented every dropped call and they did absolutely nothing aside from blame my hardware and tell me to switch to Koodo.

I NEVER get disconnected when talking within the PM network, but anytime I'm talking outside the network (Landline, another carrier or anythign that isn't owned by PM), it disconnects.  It has to be a switching issue..

Based on the wealth of threads in the last few days/weeks on dropped calls, it's pretty clear there is an issue on PM's network and it's absolutely blowing up.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mollster wrote:

You would think the quality would be the same but indeed it is not. Hoping they resolve the issue for all of us. I have sent a private message to the Moderators but so farno response. Looks like a lot of people have not seen responses either.

@Mollster Keep us informed 

Mollster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You would think the quality would be the same but indeed it is not. Hoping they resolve the issue for all of us. I have sent a private message to the Moderators but so farno response. Looks like a lot of people have not seen responses either.

Eval

I'm using a Samsung S7 but it's obvious it's not a phone issue.

I've been with Telus since cell phones first came out and had one dropped call in all that time.

I thought PM was part of Telus and I'd get the same quality. This is unacceptable.

igurevith

Same issue with iphone6 amd motoZ6

joelmine

@CS_Agent  Please read this thread. There are multiple people having issues ... please fix this immediately. 

joelmine

So then its not the phone make then. Its definately a network issue. 

acoady

I'm using a samsung s7

joelmine

@acoady wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem, very frustrating. yesterday I had 6 in less than an hour disconnect after exactly 7:03.

I've PM'd the mods. Has anyone had success getting this resolved? Its driving me crazy, and if we can't get a solution soon I'll be porting out. The plan is a good deal, but not with this hassle

Hi, The Mods have called me and asked me for more information. when i told them there are other who are having the same issue they said lets forget about that and focus on yours. I kept telling them that its the network thats causing the issue but they still kept satying no one else has complained and its only you. But in this thread itself and other threads there are so many who have said the have raised this issue with the Mods. So I dont know why they are telling me this. Anyway they took down all my info and said they are looking into it but i still have dropped calls. The latest one just an hour back. Just out of curiorsity what phone are you guys using ? I am using a OnePlus6. I know there was an update a few days back on the OnePlus 6 so i just want to rule that out. 

igurevith

Same here,I messaged moderators, no responce yet.

If it continue I will move on.

acoady

I'm having the exact same problem, very frustrating. yesterday I had 6 in less than an hour disconnect after exactly 7:03.

I've PM'd the mods. Has anyone had success getting this resolved? Its driving me crazy, and if we can't get a solution soon I'll be porting out. The plan is a good deal, but not with this hassle

Mollster

I have the same issue too... been happening the last few weeks. Sometimes it won;t drop the calls but sometimes it does... It might drop after 2 mins or 7 mins or 10 mins.

joelmine

@FY wrote:

@JPM1988 wrote:

Having the same problem

Same here in Vancouver!!

What phone do you have ?

FY

@JPM1988 wrote:

Having the same problem

Same here in Vancouver!!

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @JPM1988,

Can you please send a private message to the mods so they can have a look? 

Have a great day! 🙂

JPM1988

Having the same problem

teleute

I had it start happening the last week or two as well.

Leanne2122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes definitely a PM issue. Just started a few days ago. 

hmster

I noticed it happening to me since an hour ago trying to take to my bank and my friend. My call would drop between 7 mins to 10 mins. I tried removing my SIM and restart my phone and re-entring APN. Really wish their is a customer service that I could contact to have this issue resolved.

joelmine

ok so this looks like a network issue affecting multiple people .. @CS_Agent  could you please confirm if this is an ongoing issue and someone is looking into it ? 

Eval

I'm having the same problem,  dropped 6 times in the last hour. I wasn't receiving texts for  a couple of days this week too.

Starting to think switching was a huge mistake. 

joelmine

@Leanne2122 wrote:

I’ve been experiencing the exact same thing. Only for the last few days. 

So do you think its a public mobile issue network ?? @CS_Agent 

Leanne2122

I’ve been experiencing the exact same thing. Only for the last few days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.