cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelmine
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Phone Calls dropping after sometime.

@Moderator_Team  Please read this thread. There are multiple people having issues ... please fix this immediately. 

igurevith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same issue with iphone6 amd motoZ6

Eval

I'm using a Samsung S7 but it's obvious it's not a phone issue.

I've been with Telus since cell phones first came out and had one dropped call in all that time.

I thought PM was part of Telus and I'd get the same quality. This is unacceptable.

Mollster

You would think the quality would be the same but indeed it is not. Hoping they resolve the issue for all of us. I have sent a private message to the Moderators but so farno response. Looks like a lot of people have not seen responses either.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mollster wrote:

You would think the quality would be the same but indeed it is not. Hoping they resolve the issue for all of us. I have sent a private message to the Moderators but so farno response. Looks like a lot of people have not seen responses either.

@Mollster Keep us informed 

PlanShopper

I raised a ticket almost 3 weeks ago and spoke with 1st and 2nd line techs over the last couple weeks.  They indicated that it was my hardware (across 5 different devices btw - Iphone 7, LG G6, Pixel XL, Essential, and  Galaxy S3).  Convenient that ALL of my phones are having the same issue.  I documented every dropped call and they did absolutely nothing aside from blame my hardware and tell me to switch to Koodo.

I NEVER get disconnected when talking within the PM network, but anytime I'm talking outside the network (Landline, another carrier or anythign that isn't owned by PM), it disconnects.  It has to be a switching issue..

Based on the wealth of threads in the last few days/weeks on dropped calls, it's pretty clear there is an issue on PM's network and it's absolutely blowing up.

joelmine

I think they are doing this purposly as they want everyone to switch to Koodo and charge more. This must be their marketing strategy .. So do not go to Koodo or Telus ever .. If a company can stoop so low to frustratate users like this they should never be trusted. 

Even when i told them that there are many users complaining of the same issue they were asking if i can reset my device .. They dont care about putting us through so much inconvenience to achieve their cheap goals .. Am going to port out all 3 accounts of PM in my house .. this is the worst thing i have ever seen a company do .. and i have used mobiles in 5 different countries on a long term basis. 

PlanShopper

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to contact the CRTC or the Ombudsman...if a few of us do it, they might have to investigate further and could get caught up in the legalities if it is a ploy to ditch users.

The thing I don't understand is, if they were trying to ditch users...why? They are actively growing the service and deploying kiosks....why get rid of their existing user base?
joelmine

If you look at the last year. They were coming up with deals all the time to get as many users as possible. But in the last month they suddenly stopped all deals and even increased their prices on new subscriptions since the did not want more users. Now they try and frustrate the existing users and give them deals on Koodo .. So eventually everyone from PM moves to Koodo .. This is a very smart marketing strategy ..  Its just impossible that they have these issues on their network affecting so many users and the are unable to do anything about it for so long .. And they are using Telus network .. so how come Telus users dont see any issues and its just PM ? 

joelmine

Planshopper you are right. I think we all need to give in complains to the CRTC .. pleasd do and i will be doing the same too ..  and any other on this thread please do too. 

Need Help? Let's chat.