cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls Repeatedly Dropping

jillianh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I've been having issues for the past week with phone calls randomly dropping multiple times followed by issues with even being able to receive or accept a phone call from the person I was just on the phone with. I have a newer phone (iPhone 😎 so I don't think that is the issue. I have tried restarting the phone and updating it too but nothing seems to be working. I'm wondering if this is a network service issue? Is anyone else having similar issues with calls dropping lately? 

Thanks for your help!

Jillian

18 REPLIES 18

jakebooze

I have been trying to  reset my CRA account for about 5 days now. I have contiguously been transferred to different departments and at the 2 and half hour mark my call get dropped.

I have talked a friend who worked for Telus for 30 years on large switchboard and centrex systems. Says that it sounds like the cellular carrier is dropping you?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance Jake

@magicxyz  this link is titled 14/13 iOS although most of the writing is about iOS 13.

Screenshot_20201001_150341.jpg

Possible to try some of the suggestions to see if it fixes anything on your phone?

https://www.tenorshare.com/ios-13/fix-iphone-dropping-calls-in-ios-13.html

magicxyz

Yeah I saw that when I was googling my issue. Unfortunately my issue is not that one.  I am running 14.0.1 which is the very latest OS.

@magicxyz do you have iOS 13 on the iPhone 8?..searching Google quickly apparently some people have experienced dropped calls from that iOS update. I didn't read in detail just browsed quickly. But I seen a bunch of sites giving suggestions on fixes.

Take a look at this link.

https://www.saintlad.com/iphone-dropping-calls-after-updating-to-ios-13/#:~:text=Apparently%2C%20som....

magicxyz

I completely agree with you.

It is an Iphone 8.  I have been using it with PM for about 7 months now without any issues.

@magicxyz what model of iPhone do you have?

It is puzzling but the part where two different sims result in the same outcome on one phone and positive outcome on your wife's phone indicates it's something to do with that specific phone. But what issue is the question.

magicxyz

Yes everything is up to date.   Hardware issue is possible but I cant imagine what it would be.  Phone has not been damaged and like I mentioned data including voice calls over cell network seem to have no issue. I would sort of understand the phone being broken if it couldn't connect at all.  Honestly I am puzzled.

@magicxyz sounds like a hardware issue and not a public mobile issue..

As you said. your sim works fine in your wife's phone.

Both sims in your phone have the same issue. Which means something is wrong with your phone .

Have you plugged it into iTunes to see if there are any updates required?

Have you considered backing everything up then doing a factory reset?

Have you considered contacting Apple about your issue?

magicxyz

Seems very similar to my issue.  I have been having this issue for about a week.  Calls will either not go through or they will connect and then drop usually within a minute.

My wife also has public mobile (she is not having any issues) so I switched sim cards with her.  Her phone continues to work fine with my sim card.  I get the same issues with her sim card.

I can make face time voice calls over the cell network without a problem.  Texts and data do not seem to be affected.

I have reset my network settings, rebooted my phone, factory reset my phone. No difference.

I have contacted a moderator already and am currently waiting for a tech to contact me.

@gpixel wrote:

@jillianh it could be that you aren't receiving a good signal in your home. 

• switch your preferred network type to 3g/HSPA/wcdma test and see if you're still dropping calls. 

That could help with some of those calls that aren't being received, but not with actual dropped calls. When in a call, the phone would already be connected to a 3g-type network.

@jillianh it could be that you aren't receiving a good signal in your home. 

• switch your preferred network type to 3g/HSPA/wcdma test and see if you're still dropping calls. 

@computergeek541 

That could help with some of those calls that aren't being received, but not with actual dropped calls. When in a call, the phone would already be connected to a 3g-type network

*true.

some phones aren't very good at handling the switch over, it could be a reason for the disconnects. 

@jillianh 

If problems persist:

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jillianh

Thanks.  Did network re-set. and Update and reinserted the sim card like someone else suggested. I'll give it a few more days and see if these resolved the issue! 

jillianh

Thanks. Just done the update and reinserted my sim card. And did a network re-set like someone else suggested. I've checked the Telus map and no issues lately. I'll give it a few more days and see if these resolved the issue! 

jillianh

I don't have another phone available to me but I did remove and put the sim card back in. I've mostly been home so yes, it does happen only in one location. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@jillianh 

Can you put the sim card in another phone to see is the issue persists? Does this happen in only one  location?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jillianh 

I would make sure your iPhone is up to date by going to settings > general > software update. You can always try putting the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds then switch it back to regular. Removing and reinserting your SIM card can also help. To see any outages in your area I’ve provided a link:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jillianh wrote:

Hello, 

I've been having issues for the past week with phone calls randomly dropping multiple times followed by issues with even being able to receive or accept a phone call from the person I was just on the phone with. I have a newer phone (iPhone 😎 so I don't think that is the issue. I have tried restarting the phone and updating it too but nothing seems to be working. I'm wondering if this is a network service issue? Is anyone else having similar issues with calls dropping lately? 

Thanks for your help!

Jillian

@jillianh hi try a network reset see if that helps😁

Need Help? Let's chat.