cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect phone to go with the perfect service

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I just got mine in the mail today.  The price you see on the website is the price you pay all in (no tax, no shipping fee).  Just be patient and don't use DHL delivery otherwise they will remit sales tax and charge a fee to do so.  Umidigi likes to call back order, presale.  Once they have stock, it only takes around 2 weeks for delivery which is not much longer than domestic first class letter delivery.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000287960788.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.hotSpots_164810630.1

The spec sheet says it all.  There is no other phone out there that can touch this one on value.  The camera is pretty good, does pretty much what it says in the ad.

No need to ask whether this phone works on Public Mobile.  It has literally every LTE band in use today.  It even has Freedom Mobile band 66.  

10 REPLIES 10

@dj_simms wrote:

This phone is making its way to Amazon it appears. $299 with use of the $30 coupon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Unlocked-UMIDIGI-Fingerprint-Smartphone-Charging/dp/B083LVQ8F6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?...

I'm interested in a good battery phone like a Moto g7 power or Samsung m30s.. but none of these phone support all the bands like this umidigi. Is this the best bang for your buck phone with good battery in Canada?

I think it is the best bang for the buck at the moment for a phone with all the requisite North American LTE bands.  I have had mine for about a week and have charged the battery twice.  The previous charge was good to 10 hours of SOT and I was at 27% charge.  This was from 100% charge.  I think I could have squeezed at least a couple more hours before the phone goes into power saving mode at 15%.  Right now my phone is at 83% from a charge completed at lunch time.  What phone has that kind of battery endurance?

Performance wise, I think it compares to the snapdragon 835 which is a flagship CPU 2 years ago.  That is still very performance because this is not a flagship device and competes in the mid market.  The SD835 is flagship like today in the mid tier.  I was a little disappointed at the emmc performance though.  The R/W speeds were not better than my essential phone.  It is on par with a 7200 RPM HDD for sequential R/W.  I was hoping for NVMe type performance.  Oh well, the entire phone is the cost of M.2 SSD.

Unlike the A5 pro which has broken camera software out of the box, the camera app is actually capble of running all 4 cameras.  The night mode is not bad although not quite as good as google's night sight.  I have not tried the gcam port on this device.  It was no help on the A5 pro.  

In terms of annoyances, I have two to report.  There is no notification LED.  This is one feature that copying iOS is not a good idea.  The fingerprint scanner is on the power button which is bad for lefties like myself.  I find it hard to register my fingerprint.  Consequently, I get the too many failed attempts response.  If I use my right thumb, it is 9/10 on first try. 

BTW, if you want to get it for less, it is $261 on Aliexpress.  Turnaround time is longer than Amazon of course.  I ordered on 11.11 and got it a week ago due to huge back order.  The cheaper price made the two month wait worth it, I think???  BTW, your order from Amazon should be tax free as Umidigi is an off shore company.  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000287960788.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2e807a3ezZ0rkO&algo_pvi...  

@dj_simms  I would say so...the battery life on the F2 seems very impressive. @will13am can give additional feedback on actual battery life since he has one. I know the A5 pro can go 3 days before charging with a lot of use on it for tunes, web surfing and texting. The battery charges very quickly.

dj_simms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This phone is making its way to Amazon it appears. $299 with use of the $30 coupon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Unlocked-UMIDIGI-Fingerprint-Smartphone-Charging/dp/B083LVQ8F6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?...

I'm interested in a good battery phone like a Moto g7 power or Samsung m30s.. but none of these phone support all the bands like this umidigi. Is this the best bang for your buck phone with good battery in Canada?

@will13am  Wow! I think you've found my new camera...i mean new phone for me. I used to say my phone is a phone and my camera is my camera. Out of convenience I started to leave my camera at home and just use my phone for photography. Even though I got a great deal on my 5D I've barely used it. For the price of this phone and the specs of the camera this would solve most of my issues with quality of low light, macro and zoom losing definition with an all digital resolution. No it cant compete with the P3 pro and its revolutionary colour sprectrum. (Its like comparing fuji and kodak process.) But i can afford the F2.....i can't wait til it's available on Amazon.ca. It's on my I want that list....soon to be I have that list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Just imagine how much better this photo would look taken with the new Umidigi F2........20191109_235608.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have some more user experience to share.  This phone is for those with battery range anxiety.  I have 8.5 hours of SOT spread over 2 days of usage and the battery is at 41%.  I know that android phones have this way of being power hogs after a month of usage.  Longer term, I would expect 10-12 hours of SOT between charges.  

On overall performance, I think this phone is as fast as a snapdragon 835 device, maybe a bit faster.  The emmc has role to play in this.  This phone has ufs 2.1 but the read and write speed could be a bit faster.  My essential phone has faster storage and it is apparent when doing app updates.  The 6GB ram is great.  There's never any lag.  No notification light is a bit of a deal killer.  There's NFC for those into mobile payment.  I received an OTA yesterday which seem to make the already pretty good camera even better.  

I hope this phone will be sold on Amazon soon.  I think a fair price is $250.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@will13am 

Thanks for sharing this. That's an awesome deal!

After you have tried it out, please give us a review. Any Cons? Pros?

I am particularly interested to know how the camera is in comparison to other phones.

I am not a photographer or a selfie taker, so I am probably the worse person to ask about phone cameras.  Having said that, I do fully test my phones after unboxing to make sure there are no hardware faults.  Initial tests show that this is by far the best phone camera I have used.  This may not be saying much as I don't chase phone hardware because it has the best camera ever.  Night mode works very well.  The macro lens goes down to 1/2 inch.  Each of the 4 cameras do what they are supposed to do.  I am sure it doesn't compete with a P30 Pro.  For a $200 phone, nothing out there compares. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

Thanks for sharing this. That's an awesome deal!

After you have tried it out, please give us a review. Any Cons? Pros?

I am particularly interested to know how the camera is in comparison to other phones.

@pmmobile wrote:

@will13am  Thanks for the info! Will look into it~ Band 13 is good for pentrating buildings and band 66 is good for faster data speeds?

I am usually connecting to bands 2, 4, 5 in my area.  I have not encountered any of the 700 MHz bands myself.  I only mentioned band 66 to suggest how comprehensive the LTE capability is on this phone.  I think only Freedom and Videotron uses band 66.  Telus does not use it.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am  Thanks for the info! Will look into it~ Band 13 is good for pentrating buildings and band 66 is good for faster data speeds?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wish I had the cash to buy a new phone, that one looks pretty sweet.

Need Help? Let's chat.