cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK

Lana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried unlocking a phone and put the wrong pin in.  Now it is asking for a PUK number which now apparently has to come from public.  How do i get this

16 REPLIES 16

@Lana  So, you are all good now and using the service without issue?

And thanks for giving us the direct number.  It will for sure help other ppl later.

Lana

Sorry for the late response.. this number got me directly in touch with a real person 🙂 1-800-726-7864

The only info I needed to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lana : See? No need for moderators around here. 🙂 (although I called it 🙂 ) Samsung is unusual in this regard. They have their several methods of contact. Please do provide the number.

@Lana Glad all working now.

Curious, what is the Samsung 1-800 number?  just want to keep a note of it.

Lana

Just wanted to let you know that you were indeed right! Moderators gave me a 1 800 number to samsung and they unlocked it.  All is working now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd still try Samsung. Is the other phone _also_ locked?

@Lana wrote:

Yes but my sim wont work in my other phone either now

... your PM SIM won't work in your other phone?  then that sound like a SIM PUK which the Mod can provide you.

did you open a ticket yet?  it's a bit late now, probably they will reply tomorrow.

@Lana   is the exact message:   "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  ?

if so, it's is asking for the phone's master code.  If it is a Samsung,  Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

Lana

Yes but my sim wont work in my other phone either now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lana wrote:

No it was locked to bell.  They gave me the wrong pin to unlock it.  I didnt realize that if you put it in 3 times your SIM gets locked

@Lana : I'm still thinking it's not the SIM but I'm no expert. Is it a Samsung?

Lana

No it was locked to bell.  They gave me the wrong pin to unlock it.  I didnt realize that if you put it in 3 times your SIM gets locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lana : Do you recall using the SIM security feature in this phone?

Lana

SIM networkPIN blocked.  Enter SIM network PUK

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lana wrote:

I tried unlocking a phone and put the wrong pin in.  Now it is asking for a PUK number which now apparently has to come from public.  How do i get this

Hello @Lana 

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times.
To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card."

you need to open a ticket with Mod to get the PUK unlock code

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lana : If this is a Samsung then they have a nice online feature to help you. The carrier can only help you with a self-installed/setup SIM PIN that you might have forgotten. Can you reply back with the exact message your phone is giving you.

Need Help? Let's chat.