cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK number

IMMORTAL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i cant unlock my sim card beacuse i dont know the PUK NUMBER!

10 REPLIES 10

@shanialindsay wrote:

i need pukcod for unmder

@shanialindsay What did you do?  What is the exact message on your phone?

shanialindsay

i need pukcod for unmder

IMMORTAL

this information was very useful! thnx

@IMMORTAL did you lock yourself out by entering the sim pin wrong 3 times? then contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

if it's a network PUK then contact your previous carrier or Samsung to unlock your phone

IMMORTAL

sim card locked. need the PUK for PUBLIC MOBILE! 

@IMMORTAL wrote:

As you can see from the contradicting answers here, you really do need to determine if it is your sim card that is locked or if it is your phone that is carrier locked.  I'm seen this go both ways with someone thinking that they are locked out of the sim card but it's really that the phone is locked to the carrier and vice-versa.  What is the exact wording of the on-screen message?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@IMMORTAL wrote:

Depending on the message here is a post from @Luddite from another thread.

Oracle
Re: puk locked sim

@paulwooz What is the message?

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kselmak I don't think @IMMORTAL 's phone is carrier locked, I think their SIM is locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts in entering their PIN. @IMMORTAL , I'd advise you contact a moderator here so that they can give you the PUK and assist you.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Your phone is most likely locked and you will probably need to contact previous provider.

Both manufacturer and provide must unlock it free of charge if the phone is from Canada and you have it for more than 90 days and don't owe any money for it.

What is the exact message you are getting?

Need Help? Let's chat.