cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code??

vsaint86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated the phone today. It is a used phone-Samsung Galaxy J1. I put in the SIM Card and its asking me for a PUK code otherwise my SIM card will be locked. It was previously used on Freedom Mobile's network. I contacted them and they said to contact Samsung to get the PUK code. I contacted Samsung and they gave me PUK codes but they didn't work. They said that Public Mobile has to give me the PUK for the SIM card to unlock the phone. The screen won't let me into the phone it just says if PUK is entered incorrectly 2 more times the SIM will be locked. Help I don't know what to do.

7 REPLIES 7

@hairbag1 wrote:

@vsaint86....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

Sadly this article simply leads to SIMon. 😖

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

vsaint86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to thank everybody in the Public Mobile Community for their help. The issue is now resolved!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@vsaint86 contact customer support mods for your PUK code

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "PUK code"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@JC29 wrote:

Your PUK code normally is the one that is attached to the sim card (whole card that is credit card sized).  You should see it there.  PUK1 and PUK2.  It should be PUK!

While the PIN will be 1234, Public Mobile never includes the PUK on the package or on the plastic that holds the SIM card. I know there are websites that say this, but this isn't the case with Public Mobile. I've actually never seen any Canadian carrier ever do this with this with their SIM cards.

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PUK1

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your PUK code normally is the one that is attached to the sim card (whole card that is credit card sized).  You should see it there.  PUK1 and PUK2.  It should be PUK!

Need Help? Let's chat.