cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK (I don't know how to setup my phone)

corymf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is very hard for me. I am not technical, and I can't seem to access help.

My phone asks for a PUK. Where do I find it. 

8 REPLIES 8

Public mobile most likely can't help, if it's your phone pin public mobile doesn't have access to it

Who was the original provider for the phone

What is the make of your phone?

You will most likely need to contact manufacturer, they give it out the fastest.

I've read here that sim puk us set to 1234 

You can also try your screen lock code if you accidentally locked it

Don't try too many times you can be locked out for good apparently

@corymf 

What is the exact wording of the PUK request?  Which model phone do you have?  

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" -  Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

corymf

Thanks for the thread. I sent the moderator a message asking for a code yesterday. How many days' does it take for them to respond? I need a phone, I think i'll just cancel and get another carrier today. Thanks for the help though. 

When did you contact moderator? It usually takes 2 to 3 days for a response. It is also a long weekend for labour Day.

@corymf wrote:

It say's I need a PUK. I asked the moderator, but they don't reply. Very frustratig. No cusomer support. 

@kselmak wrote:

It depends on the message you are getting.

What is

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I searched old threads for you they all said to contact moderator for code.

Here's link to reach the mods.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

corymf

It say's I need a PUK. I asked the moderator, but they don't reply. Very frustratig. No cusomer support. 

@kselmak wrote:

What is

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What is the error message?

Usually it means that you need the previous provider to give you the code. Although the phone is unlocked it may be trapped with the original or previous provider.

I find that the fastest way is to chat with the manufacturer as they have those codes as well.

Both are obligated to provide it for you for free

If the sim is locked you will need to contact moderators

Could you let us know what is the message you are getting on your screen?

Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you switch from another provider ?  If so, then you would need to contact them.  Otherwise you would need to contact a moderator.

Contact a moderator for assistance. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.