cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code

Lillianlangtree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I need a PUK code for my daughter's phone that I activated yesterday. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

24 REPLIES 24

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

@geopublic Good news! We used a different SIM and it didnt ask for a PUK. I guess we wait until a mod responds to my private message. Thanks again for your help! 🙂

@Lillianlangtree  Very good news. Thanks for the update.

@Lillianlangtree i am glad you have it at least partially fixed good luck!!

Lillianlangtree

@geopublic Good news! We used a different SIM and it didnt ask for a PUK. I guess we wait until a mod responds to my private message. Thanks again for your help! 🙂

Lillianlangtree

@geopublic You know a lot more than I do!! I will try inserting my SIM into my daughter's phone when I get home from work. Stay tuned... lol. 🙂

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

@geopublic No, I didn't. 😞 I really appreciate your help!

@Lillianlangtree  If you have another sim to test with please insert into that phone. If it still is asking for a PUK code then I'm afraid the moderator will not be ble to help you....But then again what do I know.

Lillianlangtree

@Anonymous Good point! Isn't that the truth! "Should" be unlocked but maybe it's not. 

Lillianlangtree

@geopublic No, I didn't. 😞 I really appreciate your help!

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

@geopublic We bought the phone refurbished online. It should have been unlocked already. 

@Lillianlangtree  Not necessarly. Especially iPhones because most of the time they can only get unlocked by the previous provider that have access to the Apple servers.

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

@geopublic We bought the phone refurbished online. It should have been unlocked already. 

@Lillianlangtree  Thanks for the update. Just curious did you setup the lock on the Public Mobile sim card after activation? 

Lillianlangtree

@hycm53 Its a refurbished iphone 6s. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, there are various uses of the term. Few people arrive here in the mood to transcribe the whole message that their phone is showing.

Maybe the industry could standardize the terminology and then we could know what is being asked.

Edit: Lillianlangtree: should - famous last words 🙂

Lillianlangtree

Lillianlangtree

@will13am Thank you so much!! 🙂

Lillianlangtree

@RossN it says: Enter PUK. Your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code. 10 attempts remaining. 

Thank you for your reply! 🙂

Thanks to you both... I now have a better idea what a PUK is and why you'd have need for it. I originally thought was an unlock code from a previous cell provider.

Good  back and forth dialogue, gang.

@Lillianlangtree can you elaborate a little on the message you see I never did pass the mind reading course like some people lol 

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Lillianlangtree, the PUK code for your SIM card is available from the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Note to all those providing advice in this thread.  Please brush up on this knowledge base article.  The use of the PUK code and where to get it is covered here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

@will13am  So are you suggesting that the OP is looking for a PUK code to unlock their newly activated  PM sim card just because she used the term PUK?

Yes.  If you ask for something, I am not going to try to mind read and argue with you that's not what you should ask for, unless it's illegal or immoral.

Fair enough but most people know the difference between a PUK and a network unlock code.

@geopublic wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Lillianlangtree, the PUK code for your SIM card is available from the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Note to all those providing advice in this thread.  Please brush up on this knowledge base article.  The use of the PUK code and where to get it is covered here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

@will13am  So are you suggesting that the OP is looking for a PUK code to unlock their newly activated  PM sim card just because she used the term PUK?

Yes.  If you ask for something, I am not going to try to mind read and argue with you that's not what you should ask for, unless it's illegal or immoral.

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

Hello, I need a PUK code for my daughter's phone that I activated yesterday. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

What kind of phone do you have? If it's Samsung, you need to talk Samsung for it, otherwise you need to talk to previously carrier for it.

@Lillianlangtree hi what is the message you are getting on your phone?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lillianlangtree wrote:

@Lillianlangtree  If it's asking for a network unlock PUK code that means that your phone is locked to your previous provider and you need to contact them to get it unlocked.

Lillianlangtree

Hello, I need a PUK for my daughter's phone that I activated yesterday. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.