cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK Code needed

srollo0223
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I am new to PM and somehow I've already managed to cause some trouble with the SIM card of my phone...it is asking me for a PUK code when I turn the phone on...I have no idea what this PUK code is and more importantly where to get one let alone who to ask for one...so if anyone would kindly point me in the right direction to help me get one..I would be very grateful..

Regards

Sean Rowland

10 REPLIES 10

@srollo0223 wrote:

That is what I believe happened exactly...and I've contacted a moderator to see if they can help me correct it...Thanks though

@srollo0223 l also hope that's what happened.  Come back and let us know what happens.  In the meantime, tell your brother to keep his hands off your phone.  lol  Cheers!  😊

srollo0223

That is what I believe happened exactly...and I've contacted a moderator to see if they can help me correct it...Thanks though

@srollo0223 

Your brother may have been trying to set a pin on the SIM card and input the wrong passcode several times and locked it out. You will need a moderator to unlock it for you in this circumstance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srollo0223 

What make is the phone?

Perhaps your brother put in a different SIM when he borrowed it.

Perhaps your brother set up some more security on the phone thinking he was doing a good deed.

@srollo0223 

@srollo0223 wrote:

Funny thing...that Sim card worked fine In my phone since i activated it about a week ago...then i let my younger brother borrow my phone for a couple hours day before yesterday and he brought it back home to me locked and asking me for this PUK code...so I at a loss to say exactly what happened...hopefully this is familiar to some moderator and he can help me fix this little problem....but thanks for your advise...I'm grateful

@srollo0223 click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention sim lock    check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

srollo0223

Funny thing...that Sim card worked fine In my phone since i activated it about a week ago...then i let my younger brother borrow my phone for a couple hours day before yesterday and he brought it back home to me locked and asking me for this PUK code...so I at a loss to say exactly what happened...hopefully this is familiar to some moderator and he can help me fix this little problem....but thanks for your advise...I'm grateful

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a detailed explanation by one of the Oracle's Luddite. "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   “PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.  If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN. Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@srollo0223 if its a new activation and the first time you inserted the pm SIM into your phone and it asked you for a puk unlock code, then its locked to your previous provider and you have to ask them to unlock it for you.  You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you. 

If its been activated for a while and you locked yourself out of your phone.  Then contact a moderator and ask them to for your puk code. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @srollo0223 

Did it ever work on your phone?

Can you try your sim in the phone that works with telus or Koodo

It sounds like it's locked to previous provider

If you call them they should be able to provide you with it free of charge

Manufactures can do it, if you have Samsung they are very helpful, Nokia is really hard they just point you at three provider.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@srollo0223 , this is the official help article on PUK code. Please follow the recommendation to contact the moderator team.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

Need Help? Let's chat.