Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM should eventually allow E-Sims as this could be the Future eventually

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I think PM should invest in E-Sim eventually, as This could be the Future

Also, 5G as well.

And they need to do more Promo for LTE Plans, as 3G makes it appear PM is not Future Oriented. 

Just my opinion

5 REPLIES 5

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Let's start with VoLTE first... Mobile 5G is like 2 years away for Telus still...

@srlawren, as PM is doing away with Call Centers, for Legacies, and such, Look how PM did the US Roaming Add-Ons and Call Centers weren't required.

Just saying, Theoretically, It's possible to offer a Bit More, and have No Call Center

Everything is being done Online, and with E-Sims being introduced, if it's NOT an Impossible task to do, like how switching Sims and such, offering a bit more would perhaps give PM something to at LEAST say that we can do all these things, and the Individual can do ALL this from Either their PC's OR Phones, and making things convenient.

Sometimes Offering Things for Savings is NOT always the right approach.

Yes savings is wonderful, BUT also the Globe is still spinning, and could you imagine IF PREPAIDS from other Carriers, Let's say, they want to OFFER More, and they copied the Online approach and offered All these Breadcrumbs, and Prices were competitive, I am sure PM wants to have a slice of the Pie.

It's a shame Canada is NOT as Progressive in the Telecom Industry, we are being Charged Outrageous, BUT it does require PPL to at least say what is on their minds IF Progress is to be made, otherwise PPL would feel like their opinions or voices do not matter.

Plus, some things maybe essential

Take what's going on in places around the globe.

Plus, My parents are going on a Vacation in asia for a few weeks, and IF a crisis, emergency, Communication is critical, to alet loved ones, just saying, SOME things may become a necessity and if the option wasn't there, plus, What if you buy some local Sim, and issues arise, these can be quite time consuming.

And also, buying Sims and that they do NOT last indefinitely, finding ways to be environmentally friendly is also something important, as Sims, Plastic and all Materials going in Chip, E-Sims would make things easier, and perhaps make Local Sims more effective, trying to look at things from consumer, evironment, all the above pov

IF there were ways to improve Services and EVEN If fees were to go up, I'm sure PPL would rather see Some better services added IF fees were increased than Fees increased for No reason.

Just analyzing everything, that's what I was trying to get at

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 it sounds like you've got a case of "champaign tastes on a beer budget".  You can have eSIM support today at certain 1st tier providers, but of course you're going to have to pay for it.  5G is barely getting off the ground, and let's be realistic, is probably going to takes several years to trickly down from Telus to Koodo and then eventually to Public Mobile.  If you want the Latest and Greatest, Unfortunately you're Going to have To Pay 1st Tier Provider Premiums.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think PM should stay the course with the current formula which is working very well.  Those who want E-SIMs should migrate to Telus. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28 wrote:

I think PM should invest in E-Sim eventually, as This could be the Future

Also, 5G as well.

And they need to do more Promo for LTE Plans, as 3G makes it appear PM is not Future Oriented. 

Just my opinion

I am sure e-sims will eventually make it to Public as that will be the future.  5G of course in due time as well but th network has to be developed first lol.  Also every promo on PM is LTE but at a throttled speed.  Full LTE promos haven't been around for ver 1.5 years and it is obvious since then that PM is not definitely competing with only 3rd tier proiders when I got here they were going up not only the 2nd tier but top tier as well and I am sure Rogers and Bell had a Talk with Telus and that is where we are now lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.